Thread: pine river and currimundi lake

pine river and currimundi lake

gday all,

back home for a few days so spent friday night up the pine, and sat night at cuzzas! the pine was a dead affair! too much fresh. put the shark rigs out and not a single run all night. kingtin you woulda loved the eel we got! mate he was pushen 2.5mtrs, and in a ten foot tinnie, crikes he caused mayhem! great fun though, especially the look on my mate's face. great shark bait! sat we went up to currers. flicked the prawnsatr jnrs til dark with no hits. went back up to the conservation area and got a fire goen and threw some livies and fresh mullet fillet out. livies were getting smashed, but no hook ups. the slabs were pullen in some breambos and mosies, and then on my little 4lb outfit, she screamed out. the ensuing fight was great, and i had to really play the boy right on that light gear. got him up - a 25cm jack. bloody norah it was great to see god again! no photo as the camera's a wreck, but yeah, had a few words to him about his big brothers then back in he went! i love those little terrors! ended up with a few muddies and some average breambos - all went on the fire for a delicious feed! nothing better than food that fresh! so yeah, great night was had, and what a great bitta weather! anyway back to bloody syd til christmas, what a let down! ah well, such is life. at least i can fish vicariously through this site!
    cheers

cuzza

Re: pine river and currimundi lake

forgot to mention fellas some poor bugger got his ute flogged at deepwater bend when we got to the ramp at 3am. he took it well, we minded his gear and boat while he got his other car from home, but was fuming when he got back! poor bugger - was uninsured. they left the trailer behind so at least that was some good news. bloody thieving b2st2rds! so yeah, make sure your vehicles are well secured if youre putting in there!

cuzza

sounds like you had some fun, nice little jack

The_Walrus

Deep Water Bend is not a good place to leave cars & trailers especially at night. >

Personally, I avoid that ramp like the plague.

Luc

I prefer to go the long way and launch from the clontarf ramp. It helps that there is a tap next to the ramp to wash the boat down. naughty i know.

Cheers

Mark