Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: goldy m&g 22/10

goldy m&g 22/10

out of bed 3am deckie arrived 315am on the road by 330am , met skippa on the highway then off we go , at the ramp by 430am met brett(brejen) . headed out the seaway for my maiden offshore trip pointed the boat ne and POUNDED our way out to bretts secret mark . finally arrived ( thanks for waiting for me to catch up guys) just could not keep up with everyone else , then the fun started first of couldn't hit bottom ( even with 8oz of lead ) , then i proceeded to get crook , after leaning over the side 3 times decided to head back in closer to the seaway to try to get my sealegs back . dropped the pick in the seaway started getting bites then the floating pillie got hammered and dropped ( it was all over in an instant) . right , got some colour back in me by now so back out the seaway and dropped the pick about a km out from the sand pumping jetty started getting good bites straight away and began pulling up smallish shovelies ( at least we're catching something) kingtin woulda been proud it was about then we got a call from brett , come out to the 18's so of we went . couple of drifts resulted in 1 just legal squire and a small trev . decision was then made to head out to the 24's , after several drifts , nothing , not even a bite. by now we'd had enough so off we went to POUND our way home . met up at wavebreak for a chinwag and clean fish then home.

not much to show for it , but was a good day out (mostly )
    thank to skippa and brejen for their help and advice
    [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]
    good to put faces to names

cheers
    jason

p.s- you guys may be a lot quicker but i only used 52l for the day
    ... i only work to support my fishing addiction.....

Re: goldy m&g 22/10

the deckies shovelie , we had caught about 8 of 'em before i remembered the camera

the end result for the day , not much but there's a feed there

jason

Hi Jason,

great to see you've finally got the new boat outside, only a matter of time before you start landing some quality. But those first couple will taste great.

I am sure we'll see some pics of a mackeral or three before the end of summer, just stick with it Jas.

Well done!

Roz.
    GO THE CRUISER UTES!

....OH WHAT A FEELING!

well after 2 unsuccessful trys, this time we finally got offshore today.

I guess everyone was up early, me outta bed at 2.00am, can't sleep so a quick check of ausfish and seabreeze and pack the esky. Met up with Jason down the highway and onto the Grand ramp by 4.30am. Meet up with Brett, Dazza, Darryl and GOM. #

Out thru the seaway before sunup and n/e we head. Don't worry Jason, Brett likes to stretch the legs on the 175 and the Haines does a great job cutting thru the slop. Fortunately for me the Southwind can match it with the Haines. # #but a 115 is still no match for a 175. It is a long run in sloppy conditions, but it's usually worth it.

Jason it sure is different outside, compared to fishing rivers and the bottom of the bay and I've seen experienced 'outside' fishos lay a burley trail in lesser conditions. You weren't on your own today either, more than one deckie turned green and had a chunder. #

For me today a few smallies that were returned to nemo's nursery ..... luckily the freezer is still stocked from the last trip. Found a few more spots to check for next time which where duely logged into the gps. Tried out the new sea anchor today which worked fine and a first for me to anchor in anything deeper than the bay, which went off like a charm # #
    ....... aww who am I kidding, I stuffed it up, but on the bright side I can only get better, right. #

Still learning all this outside stuff myself.

Graeme, before you say anything # ..........

I STILL HAVE MY ANCHOR WITH 10MTS OF CHAIN AND 150MTS OF ROPE ...... # #

As Jason said we traveled to several spots today and I would prefere to say I went boating and not fishing. #

I was suprised that I could hear the Indy cars from our fishing grounds offshore and enjoyed the flyover and the Indy entertainment.

All in all still a good day out on the water and certainly nice to meet some more Ausfishers and put faces to names.

Brett, charter boat, what charter boat. #

No pic's from me today, but plenty of snapping going on from Dazza so I'm sure there will be pic's to follow.

Cheers,
    Tony #

PS To the Fisheries Girls, if ya reading, nice to catchup again. #
    Light travels faster than sound, that's why some people seem Bright ...... untill they speak

Let me tell you skippa i still have my chain and anchor to.
    Like i said yesterday work comes first at the moment but would have liked to show you all how the stacer goes in the slop. Bang, bang, bang.
    And i might add use about one third of the fuel that the 175 uses.
    And terry, i dont have tecno yawns much at all these days so if looking for a spew trail to drop your line in you better find another boat to follow.
    Good to see you all caught plenty. > > >
    Dribble, dribble ha ha ha ho ho ho
    Graeme

Darryl

Yes well my first day out for a while was really enjoyed buy myself and my son. I would like to thank brett and tony for making me feel like one of the lads.

Must admit i was a bit nervous rolling up to the ramp in the old carribean but after meeting you blokes i'm glad i did. I had to bail as the young bloke was feeling crook by 9 30 but still had a great day in all with just having the run out there and the few squire i caught.

Spewin i missed the girls Christ i would have demanded a body search or something.

Longtail , you weren't the slowest mate, i was lucky last and only used 55 litres of fuel.

All in all, top blokes, great day, quality time with my son , even if the fish were scarce.

Thanks again and i'm looking forward to the next meet and greet or even if you fella's feel like having me as a tag along.

On ya boyz great day out, and great to meet some more Ausfisho's.

Well near all has been said by the rest.

Good work Jason and your deckie great to see you never just up stumps and went home but stayed on to fight some more. MAte as Skippa said, seen many a man burley in less, you'll get there. And have to say you did a great job for a first trip outside, and as Roz said it will not take long.

Tony bloody charter boat , what charter boat. Still wondering what may have happened damm lucky with the out come. And have been filliing in the report that the girls gave me.

My report was we come home with 7 trag 1 trav. Fished the 36's East of the Pin found some very nice showings of Fish anchor up then about 1hr later had some fun with a chater boat. When the call came that the boyz wanted to head back a little closer to try get some better seas, we uped pick and lead them in. Started at the 18's got on a nice drift got some Maori Cod went 42cm and went back in. Headed out to the 24's a little later and found some nice showing here as well but nothing coming in but baby Pearlies-Great to see tho. Tony the air show was awesome love to have been in on the 18's then tho. Headed in a little later for an Ausfish chat amongst the big boats on the western side of wavebreak.

And again as tony said great to talk again to the girls from the fisheries again and great to see that you girls even remembered us from the last time we meet.

Good get out on the water with some top blokes for what turned out to be a great boating day.

Great to meet GOM, Longtail , Crestcutter, and again Dazza and Skippa. Also to meet Jeremy- How'd you fair mate.

Thanks again guys great day.

Brett

GAWBY wasn't going to say nothing but you know me i can't. HAve to say the money you save on fuel you spend on fillings, bounce bounce pound pound
    It's FULLY SIC man

Funny that how the stacer gets flogged on here about being a tinnie and bounces around but who is the first one to get in if i am going outside.
    Do i need to say anything more.
    Um, i believe those who live in glass houses shouldnt cast the first stone.

hey gawby all in jest im just shirty cause i had to miss a day out with you guys
    terry
    Cheers Tezza

good on ya Graeme,

Knew ya bite #

Oh by the way I know a good dentist, and he gives discount for 'bulk' and 'frequent' fillings. # #
    ya just got to give him the code .... slop slop bounce bounce. Stacer.

And on the subject of fuel. Travelled 51 miles yesterday and used 54 litres #

Darryl, your welcome to tag along any time mate, good to meet you. Your right, great to be out spending time with ya kids eh

Cheers,
    Tony #
    PS Dazza where's all the pic's?

(Disclaimer: my reference to stacers are purely to stir up Graeme and not meant to offend other owners or discredit the stacer company)
    Light travels faster than sound, that's why some people seem Bright ...... untill they speak

Will get a few pics up soon.Computer is playing games with me.Bit like the fish were yesterday
    Cheers Dazza

GAWBY bites better than the fish most days.

Brett

Supose it's cheaper than going to a chiropractor.
    It's FULLY SIC man

Well Guys

I will keep this short(putas playing games)
    Met everyone at the ramp at 4.30 then we were off.
    Have to say i was slightly nervous as this was my maiden voyage offshore but i knew i was in good company.Had my son (David) as deckie.I don't know who was more excited as this was his first offshore trip.
    As you can see not a great deal of fish hit the ice but none the less had a great day on the water At least i now know how the Haines handles in offshore cond.I am not sure how you would classify yesterdays conditions but handled them well.
    Didn't end up with as many pics as expected Too much bouncing around to get a good pic.Had a heap of the sky and water

Was good to put a few more faces to names.Longtail (Jason) and Crestcutter.
    On the fuel side of things 78km/60l.Donk is still being run in so hopefully this will get a little better once i get a few more hours up.

Some pics to follow.

Cheers Dazza

Zoom shot