Thread: mud this morning 29/10

mud this morning 29/10

a bit of a sleep in seen me on the water by about 6am and decided to trip across to mud. #conditions early were a little sloppy on the way across but it turned into a magic day in the end.
    started off by casting a few 3" berkleys around in 24' of water only to catch small undersized moses sweetlip and so on. #changed up to the heavier gear and started casting around a new addition to my collection, a 6" atomic jerkbait silver and black back. #only a few casts into it seen the first decent fish of the day a flathead of about 55cm. #it was a nice start to this new placcie. #about 10 mins of casting or so later i pulled up solid on a real solid fish. first instincts said a nice squire but with no headshakes and the fish slogging it down deep i soon cahnged my thoughts to a jewie?? but alas no big run so that theory was out the window too by now i am thinking a real stonker of a flattie but after a nice 4-5 minute fight up surfaced a very nice looking estuary cod. into the net and he had completely engulfed that plastic so far down it was a long nosed pliers job to get it out. #
    a few more undersized squire and one almighty bust off seen me end the day on a pretty high note
    the cod wasnt measured or weighed but from the photo he looks around 73cm and felt about 7-8kg

cheers matt

Re: mud this morning 29/10

i

top cod matt, almost as big as the cod off curtis island

how did your new rig go in the bay chop ?

Looks like a good day mate and thats a nice fish.

top cod matt, well done

Send the rig back to the previous owner and demand double ya money back!

Good cod matt!

nice cod matt

cheers pete

seano the rig went well mate not much chop but just a little sloppy real close ripply crap thats all

cheers matt