Thread: Pin Overnighter 28-29/10

Pin Overnighter 28-29/10

Headed out from Turana St Ramp at about 9pm on friday night and hit the pin at about 10... #anchored up at a few spots to drown some bait with no result....

Headed to Cobby passage to settle in for the night and the only thing biting was mosquitos, and they were thick...

Getting a little tired just before dawn, decide to rig up the heavier outfit with a floated pillie and get a little shuteye... #5 minutes later the tld25 screams and everyone springs to life.... with the drag set tight, im being played with... #we follow this thing around for about 2 minutes, 2 steps backwards 1 step forwards the whole time... untill it finally takes me down and cuts clean through the line..

we got it to the surface about 5 metres from the boat to see quite a small fin, thinking maybe a shovely or bull...

pic of the battle that never produced..

rest of the morning saw a few undersized bream and flatties brought on board..

fun trip, but still scratching from the mozzie bites..

Re: Pin Overnighter 28-29/10

it was toying with me on a 50lb setup

G'day G

Well I didn't make it out on this weekend again #> bloody deckie pulled the pin at 7pm Friday night #[smiley=furious2.gif] and wasn't up for a solo mission # #mate Coby is about the worst spot for biteys overnight # but this time of year most places around the Pin bitey territory. Sounds like a shark of some sort better luck next time #

ey G! fancy seeing you here mate!

tell me bout those bloody mozzies! i've got well over 50 bites that I can see

cheers for taking the skippa duties,

looking forward tot he next trip!

Cheers
    Az