Thread: Broadwater flatties 30 Oct

keen_as_mustard

Broadwater flatties 30 Oct

Decided to try a few new techniques and locations today, and invited a workmate along. He had tried using soft plastics a couple of times with no success so I was determined to change that.

We jigged big plastics in the seaway for no result, and also tried outside (my mate had seen schools of birds working the bait earlier in the week) for tailor but that was a dud too!

We ended up back in the Broadwater flicking sp's for flatties. We get to the first spot, a channel beside a weed bed, and I give him a quick lesson. First cast and I put the plastic just off the edge of the weed. Then I show him the jigging technique I use - "you give it a couple of flicks like this...flick, flick...I'm on!" Second jig and I hook up on a 46cm flattie. "It's that easy I say!".

As you can imagine my mate is thinking this plastics fishing is pretty easy after seeing that. It takes him an hour or so to get his technique sorted, then he hooks one. First fish on an sp and it's a 56cm flattie - he is stoked.

Not long after that the northerlies picked up and the fishing got tough. But he sticks at it and hooks another one - this time a 64cm flattie. Biggest fish for the day - always the way when you take a beginner! Being a good bloke he let it go to fight another day.

Overall we ended up with 6 in the boat for a few hours fishing - 64cm, 56cm, 54cm, couple of 40cm+ and a 35cm.

Re: Broadwater flatties 30 Oct

Well done Marty, always nice to show someone a new form of fishing, onya for taking the time to show him. I couple of good fish for the day.

keen_as_mustard

..."onya for taking the time to show him" - well said flick flack. So when did you say you are taking me Jack fishing??

HAhah good fish Marty and goldddd... got flickflack there hahaha.
    Cheers
    Jackash

Hey Marty - good onya

i did the same thing up the Pin on Sat morn.

refer : http://www.ausfish.com.au/cgi-ausfis...num=1130675864

Hey Marty,

Sounds like a great session, smile on Ben's face says it all.

Could this be a potential 3rd member of Team Jam in the 2006 Flathead Classic

See you at work today.

John

keen_as_mustard

Rob,

Saw your post of last week that you were hitting the Pin - I was going to do the same, but had heard more reports from the broadwater end, so I decided to try something different.

I remembered one of the reasons why I prefer the Pin - the amount of wake in the Broadwater from all the cruisers is ridiculous!

Looks like you got a few good fish too!

The water was a little messy at times, but we had no problems.

The best thing was that we got some good fish in very little time

a

Hey boys, remember me?
    Whats goin on, out fishing for Bream/Jacks Flatties, but no hey scotty, what ya doin? nice, reel nice

keen_as_mustard

"hey scotty!"

mate, we are just waiting for you to come down and show us how to catch real flatties???

and by the way, were are your posts - from what we hear the jacks are just about jumping in the boat up your way? and don't give me the "wife and kid are keeping me busy" story, as I'm in the same boat and still get out there.

so when did you say you were coming down?