Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Woody and Scotts point Redcliffe

land_based

Woody and Scotts point Redcliffe

Went to woody point to start the day at low tide and decided to try and dig some of these worms people on here were talking about. Ended up with a few so then i hit the woody point jetty in hope of some baitfish. Managed a couple of herring and 1 reasonable gar. I had my bait and tide was still low, so i jumped back in the car and jetted up to scotts point. First cast *bang* nice size flounder on the freshly dug worms. After that it was bream after bream and moses perch. I got bitten off twice on my 6kg leader by what seamed to be tailor or some sort of pelagic on prawns. I also put the gar i caught out whole on a two hook rig with a large sinker on it. Just as i was leaving the reel screemed of on the gar rig, i struck and felt something really heavy, then it felt like a snag, COD!! i thought. I applied pressure for about 2 minutes then the reel screamed off again with a really heavy weight an slight thud thud thuds, then snagged again. I applied pressure but finally the 6kg gave in and the rod came flying back. Al in all a nice day on the water and i will be going back to scotts point again to catch that big one

cheers rob

woody point worm digging

land_based

Re: Woody and Scotts point Redcliffe

worm 1 name?????????

land_based

worm 2 name???

land_based

I dug atleast 3 of these prawns out of the sand, they were in about 15cm under the sand ~!!!!!!!

land_based

this gar, later to be swallowede up by something big

land_based

anyone know what this baitfish is?????

land_based

headed to scotts point until dusk, warning dont wear thongs here

land_based

heres the flounder caught on the freshly dug worms

good stuff rob. nothing quite like a day down by the water fishing. should have taken the gar home for a feed. they taste pretty good.

some good photos there

Cheers Phil
    Bring on the Marlin!!!

you serious phill, you would actually take your bait home for a feed

gday land based,

great effort mate and awesome pics! unreal about the cod! wish he had have kept on. how big you reckon he was? where'd you put the hook on the whiting - you use one or two? bugger, but as you said next time!!! were the mosies anywhere legal? they sometimes get a little bigger at scotts. anyway mate well done and keep us informed of future trips mate!
    cheers,

cuzza

land_based

caught a lot of legal stuff but the freezer is already full, so today was strictly catch and release, not even sure what the legal limit on moses are but the ones i caught there were around 25cm. It really is hard to tell how big the one that got away was, guesstimating around 4-5 kilo as it had my light surf doubled over. Scotts point seems to be a bit 9of a mystery spot producing a vast range of species everytime i go there. Great for an afternoon fish on the ebb.

thanks for all the comments guys

rob

size on the moses perch is 25cm
    Bring on the Marlin!!!

the fish ur not sure about is a species of mowong, ususally caught off the ocean rocks, but is very hard to catch, so well done on that count!! i think its called a red mowong? someone can correct me on that. the big one may have been a shovelly, they tend to act like that and love livies, esp if attactched to bottom. anyway, theres my thoughts
    cheers

the brown worm is a "wriggler worm" I think!, usually found on gritty/shelly beaches, under seaweed flotsam, deadly bait.!
    rando