Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: I see lots of RED again (29th Oct)

Re: I see lots of RED again (29th Oct)

Thanks Greg. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Here's helping your 50

I guess were even on the 6 pack

ahahaha
    Thanks Paul.

www.wickedfishing.com.au The place for wicked fish pics, articles and DVD's. Your ultimate reef fishing DVD "Double Island Point & Beyond" on sale now.

greg did you catch these around the shelf?? great haul mate. how deep were you fishing in?? i fished 35nm east of noosa on tuesday and the current was pretty strong as well - but was still fishable..

ITS JUST GOOD TO KNOW THAT GOOD FISH ARE STILL ABOUT,DONT STOP THE PICS ARE GREAT

ANY WEATHER WILL SPEAK TO YOU WHEN TOYOTA COMP GETS CLOSER

Seapup
    All fish are caught before the shelf anywhere upto 10km before is where i like to fish for them mostly. Most country we fish in is around 60m but the further you head north the shallower it gets. The current was a pain but like you said its still fishable with big leads while drifting.

Regards Greg

www.wickedfishing.com.au The place for wicked fish pics, articles and DVD's. Your ultimate reef fishing DVD "Double Island Point & Beyond" on sale now.

Sportfish_5

50 baby

Seems you still havent learnt to hook up that NMEA GPS output to the sounder

No need for well done - you already got the chemmy nod

Cheers

Greg

Thanks for the reply Greg! You obviously cleaned up on the Reds you lucky bugger!! I got some marks for the shelf east of the lighthouse at DI - am heading up there soon when the weather looks good to chase some Reds. What baits and rigs have been working the best for you on the Reds?? You tried jigging for Reds?? I been getting some Snapper and Pearlys on jigs 40nm east of Noosa - so i reckon the odd Red would smash a jig. What do you reckon??

Greg
    Thanks for the 50 mate.
    Sorry mate but i don't think i will be ever hooking the GPS upto the sounder.
    Yes the Chemmy nod was all that was needed to make me happy. #

seapup
    I have caught some good reds east of DI but it can be a real struggle in that area and never caught quantity there just the odd snodger. People think reds need to have the best bait and rigs in the world but the truth is they will eat anything no matter how it is presented. They certainly aren't fussy but alot of the bigger fish are caught on paternoster rigs and for guys who don't go red fishing much i would be advise using slab baits as it's alot easier to hook one then when using whole baits like yakka's because the way they mouth the bait ever so gentle. Never tried using jigs on reds and maybe they would work but i really wouldn't think reds would take a liking to one because the way they feed. Reds are lazy eaters and just mouth the bait taking there time to inhale unlike Pearlies and snapper where they hit a bait with aggression this the reason why i would suggest they wouldn't be tempted to take a jig. But you never know.

Regards Greg

dude thats an awesome catch of alota great fish. a mate a mine used to have troubles just to get a legal one when i was living up in gladstone he always only caught em undersize. hopefully they will be all eatin and enjoyed and none wasted. cheers .congrats on good day..

eggbeater

G'day Greg. Awesome report once again,and a legend fisherman.

Good luck with junior reefy & ya move. Say g'day to the gang for me.

Cheers buddy.

Greg thanks for the reply again mate..so you reckon better Red ground to the ENE of the lighthouse??

That's some great tucker there greg, Bet you slept well after all that hard work.

I think that parrot needs a appointment with the local orthodontist!