Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tupperware Party at Mud - New PB's

Re: Tupperware Party at Mud - New PB's

Quote Originally Posted by Steven78
    MIKOS just slow down your action and grinners wont be a problem. Any way thats what i found.
    Head to fish head and look at getting some ZOOMs there a little more hard wareing.
    Hi Steven78

ZOOMs sound good mate

Im going to the tackle shop this weekend so ill have a look.

Thanks for the tip

MIKOS

Well done

Nice fish.

Louis

Yes Mikos, I was using the same plastics as scalem. Not sure why we don't catch many grinners but it may have something to do with the jig weight. When there is little current we tend to use 1/8 ounce or less.

He who aims at nothing is sure to hit it.

Hi Fellas,

I have been off air for the last few days, good to see your comments. As for grinners, I don't have a real problem with them, I don't think it is really related to the SP you are using, I think it's because I use very little movement when jigging the SP. Often I stick the rod in the rod holder and let the Morton Bay chop do the jigging for me. Just cast ahead of the boat on the drift with as light a rig as possible, still reaching the bottom.

Dave Downie is going to feature the photo on channel 10 friday week, so I may as well give you the drum early, go North West of Mud and you will be fine
    Scalem

Well congratulations again from the deck hand and photographer. Managed to see the photos not only on ch 10 fishing report this afternoon but also in the Albert and Logan News. It was a top day, top catch, and well deserved recognition. [smiley=laola.gif]

Thanks Poodroo! Wanna know something that will bring tears to your eyes?? I had planned to take the girls out tomorrow morning......until they heard the weather might bring a shower or two so they chickened out, and 4.00am is too early for them. So I am doing a solo as it was too late to ring you.

Stay tuned.... If there are any snapper left there....

Scalem

Well I have been panning through the reports and strangely enough have not seen any new reports from scalem so one would have to assume one of many options. Firstly the quality fish just weren't out there, secondly the fish may have been there but doing a solo trip without a good deckhand was not a good idea and you couldn't get them in the boat, or perhaps the rain made you chicken out too, or maybe even finally bagged out again but you couldn't snap a decent photo and hold the 10 kg giant on your own. lol

nice fishing
    with quality snapper

cheers pete

I hope the rest of the world doesn't mind seeing a little friendly sparring between brothers - I went Sat am, and mother dear is reaping the benefits of my labour tonight with fresh Snapper for tea!! Both came in at 43cm odd, but as some of our fellow Ausfishers have written, there must have been men in grey suits a plenty, I locked on to some good fish, then wondered what the heck happened, they seemed to fight differently, one last run and snap!! No more jig head and SP.

I would hate to be swimming in Morton Bay at the moment...

Scalem