Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wello point 4th

Darryl

Re: Wello point 4th

Yer good luck dazza, that's what i have been doin but with no luck yet.

Ps, you dont have to tell me about franger hatred, 4 kids remind me everyday that i should have gotten into plastics a long time ago .

Darryl, we were up closer to the beacon drifting around in the 14ft aquamaster tinnie. The sloppy conditions gave the new rig a good workout. We used to always fish bait out there but have now been converted into plastic chuckers. We are only novices in the way of the plastic but are still learning. Once you get used to it and find good structure it is an awesome way to target the Wello shallows. l

Hay Darryl and Lager, I was there early Saturday (white Cruise craft 575) with no keepers up until 11 AM, but like you, I did get a couple of smallish cod - all full of spikes and bad manners.

Darryl, it is definitely reef around that area and you seem to have to get used to abrasion on the lines, so be aware of this if you are using braid and flurocarbon, because as sure as hell, they will break where there is a nick in the line.

Well done guys!!
    Fishing Wello is an art form with SP's. Helps getting out there with someone who knows what they are doing. Ask questions, show you the techniques, drift patterns etc...it all helps
    Normally it is just to reaffirm that what you are doing is right, then the rest is just patience.
    I'll tell ya this...never been to Wello and come home without at least 1 keeper caught on SP's

gday guys, i was there sat morning fishing from a pollycraft, i was plastic fishing near the beacon before using bait, where any of you guys in a blue tinny, using platics???

i ask cause thats the only boat i remember

Last rumour I heard was that they are putting in traffic lights at Huybers , Just so Beefa & Brent can get a chance to get a franger in past all you bl**dy baito's .GO WELLO!!.Touchy.><>

Darryl

Lol@baito's , maybe we should fly some sort of of flag to let the franger boys know that that is our reef

Seriously though i just need to get my first fish on sp's and i reckon i will be hooked on them.

Wyoming i was using both mono and braid and it seems like the mono copped it harder. I was only fishing in 2.5 and still had to pull off about 30 feet on freyed line when i got home.

Lager i will keep my eye out for you mate , lord know's i need all the help i can get to catch a fish on sp's.

Beefaman, you offering to be my expert sp instructor? I heard you were a blackbelt in the ancient art of soft plastics.

G'day Darryl,

Nice little spot Wello and definately fishes (bait) best at night. As Brent said a good starting point is around the 4 mtr line and your better off staying away from the crowds ie away from Hubers # #no need for gps marks, just look for drains or gutters in the reef. During the day the boys are working the plastics well, zoom zoom #

Good to see you got a feed and only had to use a cup full of fuel too, got to be happy with that, especially outta a 18ft half cab.

Could be up for a Monday fish, just gotta see what jobs around the house have to be done first #

Cheers,
    Tony #
    Light travels faster than sound, that's why some people seem Bright ...... untill they speak

aquarius

Hi Folks, My mate fished Wello this morning and scored a nice 59cm snappery/squire.
    Heaps of just legal Grassies and many bustoffs from mackerel.
    Cheers #Brent.
    ps; Don't mind the baito's being there because they attract the fish.
    Bait still has its place especially a floating ganged pilly out the back of the boat for a mackerel or 3.

Darryl

Brent i was out there yesterday and the conditions were too good to stay at wello so i bolted for harry's. Silly me, it was like glass out there and i think the fish were having a sleep in.

Tony i'm up for a monday bash in the bay mate . And you couldn't be anymore right with i'm happy about the fuel bill for that trip.

I beets driving down the supermarket to get a feed, well done.

Crestcutter. Drop me a PM and we can see what we can organise
    I aint no professional though, just lucky

I agree with Brent, the baitos keep the burley up for us...cant tell you the number of times we have drifted down current from baitos and caught nice fish