Thread: tailor by-carch

tailor by-carch

Well after the 2 buck green backs of yesterday I thought that there was only one thing to do this morning ..... hit the rocks early again and try for some more.
    todays effort included 2 soapy jews 2 small tailor and one big bust off I think it was a nice jew by the way he ran just grobed the lure and with the reel screeming and line and fish heading for N.Z. I thought Jew and a bigen at that all I have to do is hold on till he turns, yep he turned aright yes gott him me thinks #but no saids mr jew and runs along a rock( could feel the line scraping) at this stage I knew it was all over spilt second latter I was proven corect there goes that new lure bugger.oh well there is always tomorrow
    BTW both soapy's were sent home to find there mothers... and tailor for tea
    Rainbow Trout is NOT skittle flavoured fish.........

Re: tailor by-carch

soapy number 2

seems like u had another good morning aussie..well done.....

what type of lure is that u got the soapies on Aussie ..?

RMG scorpion...shallow deep...???

gogecko

How do you like the Tailors for eating? I found them pretty bland in the taste dept, and now I throw my Greenbacks back....Been getting em around 65cm and 3 kg at Southport. I do bleed them straight away, but maybe Im doing something wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by masterdusky
    RMG scorpion...shallow deep...???
    Mate it was RMG scorpian 150 that dives to about 3.5 mts. only bought it yesterday and lost it this morning in the bust off.

I also droped another 4 tailor or soapys as they were hitting the lure like tailor this morn. so back to Big W to getr some more

Quote Originally Posted by gogecko
    How do you like the Tailors for eating? I found them pretty bland in the taste dept, and now I throw my Greenbacks back....Been getting em around 65cm and 3 kg at Southport. I do bleed them straight away, but maybe Im doing something wrong?
    AAAAARRRRRHHHH you throw then back
    Horses for courses spose, I just knock the fillets of them ... dust in flour and fry some times I will sprinkle a few garlic granules and steak spice on for 1/2 before flouring

Darryl

Onya aussie, well done mate and i couldn't think of a nicer place to be as the sun comes up catchin fish.

BIG W will be happy then Aussie .....

Aussie...how far u cast with the RMG ...what distanc can u get..??

Good one Aussie nice to see some silver flanks again.

well done aussie,i also like fresh tailor and they give a good fight too,cheers.

fishingnottake

you going to be down there toomorrow? do you ever try at dusk or just dawn?