Thread: Wello Sunday

Wello Sunday

Decided on a quickie with Beefaman to Wello Sunday daybreak & to test out the new boat/trailer winch(shows the age thing is happening Ha.!),hadda' incredible half hour at Huybers with an estimated twelve casts between us resulting in a hookup on every cast, no keepers but on the light gear heaps of action,squire,sweetie & a trev, went through 2 packs of frangers in a flash, then on the 08:00am bite time seen why Beefa is the Wello main man with a 50cm + cod & a nice pan size 37cm squire (next time I'm gunna' hide those pumpkin grubs away) Beefa has some snaps so he will prob post later, I couldn't boat a legal to save my life but ya get that eh !, new sounder/gps & the winch went well so Touchy is ready to fight another day, waiting for the new 6.5cm "Swik" frangers to arrive this week for trial on the pin flattie next on the agenda. Cheers Touchy.><>

Re: Wello Sunday

keepers or no keepers ...it's all good fun flicken frangers on the light tackle hey !
    Good stuff

Well done OLD Timer . You must be getting closer for another mudcrab trip with my OLD Man.
    Wayne

aquarius

Hi Fred,+ Beefa, You guys arrived at the right time........12 casts for 12 fish is awsome........Jim lost a ripper squire at Wello before we headed over to try our luck around Peel.
    50 cm Cod will be great on the plate......good onya guys.
    Cheers Brent

Thanks for the trip Touchy, always a pleasure. The bite time was hot on daybreak, but after that we had to work hard.

Also went on Saturday morning with two mates. The cod have shown up with the guys getting one each around the 50/52cm mark as well. One of them caught whilst trolling a Bonito colored 160 Laser Pro between drifts Mike also got two nice squire around the 50mark as well.
    Once again Gulps were the pick of the lures, as well as Saltwater Assassins sprayed in Prawn scent....shhhhhh

Gee, the squire seem to fight even harder now. Some of the smaller fish feel a lot bigger than they are!!

I gotta download the pics from the digi, but here is a pic of the cod from my phone when I got home.

Brents boat drifting the beacon

Cod from the shallows!!

Mikes 52cm squire!!

Wello Sunrise...spectacular!!

aquarius

Awsome sunrise pic Beefa........There's just nothing better than watching the sun appear on the horizon while we wait for the squire.
    Cheers Brent

Nothing better than a nice sunrise on the water and catching some decent fish whilst watching it!!