Thread: A tough morning

Captian_Zero

A tough morning

Having organised the day off work I was dtermined to go fishing as I had not been for a couple of months. Decided to try around Raby Bay with the soft plastics with a few littel bites but no hook ups. After a couple of hours trying a few spots around Raby Bay I decided to head back to Manly and try around the top of the tide.

The one decnet bite all morning, which felt like a flattie based on past experience, resulted in me losing my SP and jighead. The 4lb mono leader look like it had been cut clean. No other bites after a little while longer so I headed home. Lots of weed in the water and very little action. Not sure if it was too much fresh water from last afternoon's rain, too much weed fouling up the hook or my lack of skill (or a combination of all) but it was a tough day but better than being at work

This was also my first trip with my new digi camera. I had high hopes of being able to post some decent pics up but I had to satisfy myself with a photo of the spot where I missed the fish.

Regards

Chris

Re: A tough morning

alot of small tailor hang around the rock wall at manly

I dont think its Manly Vertico,(no beacons) but pretty close.

Captian_Zero

The spot I was fishing is just south of the Manly boat harbour. It is probably Lota rather than Manly.

I have landed a few undersize flatties on SP's there in the 30-35cm bracket but the hit on Monday felt bigger. I have never got a tailor there though but have heard of them being caught.

Regards

Chris