Thread: cuzza jacks

cuzza jacks

gday all - photos to come as i just bought a disposable camera so i could capture some shots of my fishing outings - finally! headed to spot x in currimundi creek. went up to the mouth of the actual lake and casted for an hour (very hard going) for three legal whiting, coupla poddies and some biddies. there were a heap of underrsized whiting and flatties too so thats good news for the system. towards the end though i cast a swagload of eel tail catties in one throw - couldnt believe it! one of em got me too - but with purple on my mind there was no time for pain. bad luck though - got barbed by a ray on tuesday night and then an eel tail last night! i thought my luck had to change, and it did. drove up to spot x and threw in one of the whiting and a biddy on my mate's rig. after an hour i had movement. she peeled the line, quite calmly for a jack, then i hurt the boy and whoa was it on! after a tense couple of minutes and two insane outbursts i had a 41cm jack at my feet. took some pics and back he went. after another 40 the biddy goes off - big time! after a much longer and severe fight we had a 51cm bruiser at our feet. and man was he snapping hard! they never cease to amaze me these brutes. quite a few pics taken then he angrily re-entered the water and vanished. i just cant bring myself to keep em, no matter how big they are. that moment when i watch em swim back just makes me so thankful i've just been in the presence of an absolute machine, and neither of us are worse off for it! used 9lb mono, and 15lb trace. light for jacks but what a ball! used a 4/0 with a snelled 1/0 for hooks. had one great hit later but no hook up. will post pics as soon as i finish the roll. have a great chrissy all, hope you too manage to pull some in! cheers,

cuzza

Re: cuzza jacks

can't wait to see the pics. good on you i hope to get one soon.

azzman

land_based

Awesome report cuzza, good to see you got one to them, after another 1000 casts in the pine i might land one again

thanks heaps fellas. i'll be posting em probably in a week or two - sorry for the delays. just dont wanna waste the film cos i'm pretty broke right now. have a great chrissy!

cuzza

dorado

Great report Cuzza. Can't wait to see your pics also

Merry Christmas!

Top report mate , way to go. Thats a great session. [smiley=tekst-toppie.gif]