Thread: sunday flatties

sunday flatties

It was too nice a day and due to a crack in the transom I didn't think braving the currumbin bar in the little boat was a wise idea so we had a sleep in. After lunch I packed up the missus for a spot of soft plastic fishing on the tweed and scored this 68cm model. It actually doesn't look that big in the pics but was a corker! Half an hour after the wife hooked a monster. It hung down low and just would not come up. She had as much drag as I would have risked on 4lb fireline and eventually I started calling it for a ray. We got the electric going and got right on top of it but it still wouldn't budge. Teri was patient with it and eventually I sighted the biggest flattie I have personally seen. It wouldn't have been a metre but it would have given 90cm a good go. Its head was massive and that was obviously what the trouble was lifting. Threw the hooks boatside and left us both looking at each other with our mouths open. Me with the net and Teri with the rod. Got the jig head back though. The little plastic gulp was slaughtered though.

TIM-DONSELAAR

Re: sunday flatties

awesome flattie there mate....its a shame your wife lost the monster flattie

cheers tim

tough luck ondropping the biggie mate

tough luck ondropping the biggie mate

Nice pic, shame you lost the big girl though!

Nice Flattie Mate! Those big Flatties love coming up and teasing next to the boat then smashing you! It happened to my brother and i a couple of weeks ago and just like you, we stood there with mouths agasp at the size of this thing. Unlike yours though, he sprinted to the bottom as we were about to net him and chomped through 15lb leader. One of the biggest sand Flatties i have ever seen!
    home is where the loan is...
    Helping people get the RIGHT Home Loan

bad luck about the wifes fish but mate ,yours is still a fish worth crowing about. Well done

I know the feeling about dropping a close to metre long flattie mate..

great lizard mate. woulda been nice to boat the croc, but at least she saved you having to release her! still hurts when there's no pic though.

cuzza

damn thats a very nice catch

kimberlaybarra

nice fish !! what soft plastics do you like to use?

I am using gulps now and love them. The 3" Pogy in pumpkinseed or smelt.

bo_sawyer

on the plus side you woulda never heard the end of it if she landed that monster