Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Beach Bliss

Re: Beach Bliss

Again

top shot - now i can see who i am talking to and keep an eye out for ya......top fish off the beach........

First fish for the week

Same longtail from where it was caught

This is more the size of tailor I was looking for

Dam nice catch there Slider!! It is soo much fun catching big fish from the beach
    I am heading up the coast this weekend and can't decide wether to take the tinny and fishing the river or hitching the surf rods up and hitting the beach!! I am thinking the beach will be quite busy this long weekend what do you think my best option is??

Cheers
    Brandon..

And this was the size of several of the queenies caught although this pic taken on a 35mm a few years ago.

Slider mate, crazy fish! What sort of slug are you using? Is it just a big piece of lead with a hole thru it?
    Matt

Brandon, I mainly enjoy the beach and with the forecast, and the way the surf has been going.......
    Have been some good tailor and trevs caught in the river lately though on livies. You might be able to get the best of both worlds and fish the beach early and the river after dark. See some quality jacks posted lately.

Any other pics?

Matt, is actually a slider - thus the tag. Been making them for myself and friends for a few years to target mainly big tailor. Lures with attached hooks don't work effectively on tailor because of the headshake. Has entirely altered the quality and quantity of tailor especially, but also queenies and australian salmon. A barrel sinker painted white works fine as well. Find that they are just as effective on other pelagics as well. Need to keep in mind when using sliders that the teeth of the fish are often biting on the leader rather than the lure as it slides. So leader must be appropriate for target species and with big tailor that is wire or maybe 100lb mono.

Not of fish caught before Easter as was on my own for 4 days of it and it was pretty rapid fire catch and release stuff and a long way from the truck for most of it. Will post a couple more pics if I can find anything interesting.

No more anonymity on the beach

Here goes my anonymity

Sliding Popper. Bit of hard wood with hole in the middle - floats back to the surface on bust ups and snags as no attached hooks.