Thread: jew on plastic success

jew on plastic success

Headed out from Labrador but got delayed on the way because a handful of people decided it would be a nice day for a run.

The plan was to see how my little boat handled going out to some marks on the 12 and 18 fathom reefs but I really liked the look of the seaway for some reason. There was a goose anchored right on the edge of the hole where we wanted to drift some placcies. The goose and his mate where using the finest quality servo prawns and pillies with sinkers that I could anchor up with. So we set up a drift straight past them. First drop and my mate Dan is on solid with his little baitcaster. Our jaws dropped when I put the net under a 60cm jew. We set out to do it and we bloody did it! It was the second jew I had had boatside the last one in the tweed flicked the hook. It wasn't me but it was my plan my boat and my bloody jig head I chose for him. His gulp though.

The rest of the day was uneventful. We should have packed it in then. All we got at the 12s was yakkas. The scottish prince was a great place for butter bream and having my license and safety gear checked by the boys in blue and then the 18s showed bait but not a touch there.

For some reason my flatmate still had a smile on his face though. The bastard.

Re: jew on plastic success

Nice little jew mate, what type of boat you got tha tyou wanted to test her out in the flat conditions ..??

Little mate, reeeeeal little

It's a 3.9 Dehavilland. I took it out to Palmy a bit this summer for mackerel and to tell you the truth after crossing the currumbin bar a bit the seaway was a doddle. I new today was gunna be a lake out there so it was perfect for a beginner.

wow it's great when shit comes off great fish top work

Great fish there mate! There's nothing better than the feeling of going out for a particular fish and getting it. Doesn't matter if it's you or the others in the boat... It's all just as good.

What GULP did the damage?

You could have done that from a kayak m8...

great fish mate. awesome spot the seaway at times.

cuzza

Hey Dan, the gulp that did the damage was a 3" smelt jerk bait style. I'm a fan of the pogies normally. I put on one of my mate's smelts pretty quick though but we didn't get another sniff. I was wondering if that was because a guy in a charter tinnie rocked up and started dropping live herring straight down where we picked ours up. We took turns drifting over the hole but neither of us scored. He didn't have an electric and we did so his outboard was constantly going.

Oh yeah I scored some of the zoom flukes for squire in the colour you recommended and I can vouch for the fact that yakkas love em!

what a great looking fish great picture