Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Baby Bream....13/7/06 SLAUGHTER

Re: Baby Bream....13/7/06 SLAUGHTER

well said George . keep fishing whilst you enjoy it .Its great therapy to relax oneself .
    Look forwasd to your future posts
    cheers Terry
    Cheers Tezza

i agree definetly no smallerthan 35.

well said george, each to their own hey

G'day George
    Enjoyed reading this thread......as I was getting to the end I went back and re-read your first post to check something - if you divided the number of fish you caught by the number of trips you've made and blanked what would the number be? I dont think you'd get too many knockers if you expressed it as 1.5 fish per trip or what ever the number is (I hope I'm not insulting your fishing abilities too much!)
    regards
    Oz

Nice catch george , keep on catching a feed .

Good on ya George....what a read!! I'm glad we all have a different opinion as how boring it would be if we all thought the same. Wish the wife would agree with me more often (read sometimes) though.
    Keep the reports coming.
    Regards,
    Steve.

I am not afraid to say that I read your report and I am shocked and offended reading about such senseless waste.

In future please do not contaminate beer with Ginger Wine

Yeah I wasn't going to get involved in this post as I see it as a fish Kill.

Size limits and bag limits should be put into place for this fun species to catch. At the end of the day most of us fishers would fish for fun and not solely for feeding the family, I'm sure we can all work to pay for our food for our families and buy all the Beef and Lamb that are breed especially for human consumption. With wild fish though there should be moderation in what we take. Take fish for a feed for your family and not others I say.

If you are struggling though for a feed I believe that there is a welfare system here that supports people in need unlike where I'm from.

At the end of the day if we threw back more undersize fish, theoretically there would be bigger ones to catch in the future.

ps I agree with fish_till_late with size's

Cheers Barnesy

facts.. 30yrs ago fished pin competitions,caught heaps(100+)bream of all sizes many kilo+, went recently(mid week away from all the experts) numbers down stopped counting to busy RELEASING small fish(50or so in bite period 2hours)what a alarmed is not the number but the size 19cm to 25cm nothing over!!.senario 2.. iluka nsw..20yrs ago fished every every winter for two weeks at peak time chasing large bream 1.5kg to 2.5kg for 10years numbers of large bream decreased to the point that bream of 2kg where as scarce as rocking horse sh8t.,yet the numbers of small bream even with pro traps on all the prime spots remained stable.maybe instead of raising the cap we should have a maximum as per flathead gave up bream fishing(to many cold nights and small fish) for the gentlemans art of bass fishing,best to date 52cm at 2.7kg something cheers alex.

Quote Originally Posted by White_Steenbras
    I'm sure we can all work to pay for our food for our families and buy all the Beef and Lamb that are breed especially for human consumption.
    If you are struggling though for a feed I believe that there is a welfare system here that supports people in need unlike where I'm from.

The last lump of rump I bought was crap!!
    Fresh fish caught yourself (from a known source) can't be beaten!!
    Congrats George on your legal catch of bream, hope they went down well. Sure beats something farmed in a muck infested Asian river.
    "Give a man a fish and you give him a feed. Teach a man to fish and you give him food for life"

yeh dezzer im with you .majority of fishers fish for not only for the enjoyment ,but at the end of the day hopefully, not always ,,.a feed of FRESH FISH .there is like myself a catch and release group but i admit when i was bringing up my family not many EXcluding tailer went back all were destined for the freezer and a feed ,we all cant afford $15 to $30 a kilo for fresh fish.in saying that it probably cost me more when you cost in 4 boats and other equipment over the years .sometimes i cringe in disbelief of this save the world and political correctness.they no longer can distinguish between the forest and the trees. my last 2 bobs worth. cheers alex

Baby Bream nice catch!! Don't worry about what the other members are saying, they are just bloody jealous that you have a ripper of a breambo spot and they don't. If you pay for your rod,tackle,bait ect... you are entitled to catch what ever you want and keep it, as long as it's not a protected species and it within size/bag limit, with bream 23cm bag -. So tell them to F@*k Off and mind there own.

cheers steve

alvey_fisher_v17c

I couldn`t agree more.

Dirty

Me too....

My fishing days are over....until i get a break or find another excuse to wet the line!

Thanks for everyones opinions and feedback! I guess that's the point of such forums. Enough said about this report ... me thinks! I'm over it!

cheers!

just because there is a limit doesnt mean you have to reach it, that to me is a slaughter, size limits should be pushed up to stop this or bag limits brought down surely this would benifit everyone with more fish being available at a better size more freqently.