Thread: to nice a day.

to nice a day.

Well i had no plan to fish today but what a day so with a late start we left wynnum creek and out to green. I've recently put a hydrofoil on the 30 and what a difference this has made. slightly underpowered on the 4.35 i feel it has improved the performance and amazed at the end of the day to have used 20 litres of juice. as i said out to green round the back of st helena to mud ,out to harries .a big arc back to mud looking for some surface action and back to the inside of st helena. What a day , it was good to be on the water. The late start out to Green and the crystal clear water didn't help but we stocked up on some bait with some pretty big pike on light lines . It was one of those days ,we were in play mode and having a ball. we didn't find any surface fish
    but the optimism was on full steam ahead. We headed inside St Helena for session on a few whiting but all we caught were flathead . small undersized lizards every throw. as we drifted across the banks it was a constant bite. I have never seen it like this. my young bloke was amazed, it was like being into a school of diver whiting. As you landed fish you had followers swimming each side of the hooked fish. these fish ranged between 30 to 36mm ( except for two)and they were starving. My young bloke is still laughing around me landing the 2 smallest flathead we have ever seen. he was pleading to take a picture and put it on this post while bent over in a fit of laughter. If you were tagging fish for research ,you would have had a field day. anyway it was just a big play day with heaps of laughs and the greatest wheather S.E. Queensland has to offer.this is generally the size of these little flathead

Re:  to nice a day.

Mate, I know what you mean about those Hydrofoils! I put one on my 30 merc and they really make an amazing difference.
    I went from Pinkenba to Mud and back today, and you can barely notice the fuel guage go down at all. The boat just leaps up on the plane at pretty low speeds.
    I love it.
    Cheers,
    Lunatic
    "Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore." -- André Gide

Sounds like a great day, Chief. I always love reading your stories about going out with your lad or your uncles etc.

'Tis great to hear that you are so pleased with the hydrafoil. I have often wondered about them myself. Tthe feedback in various forums suggests that it is a bit of a gamble as to whether they help so that it is great that you have a successful experience.

excellent report

Great day CHIEF! That is some serious fuel economy mate! Might have to look into one myself...

Take Care T
    home is where the loan is...
    Helping people get the RIGHT Home Loan

Geez Chief - cant believe I didnt see you. we were at Green... then southern side of st Helena and back to Wello. Conditions were nice - to make an understatement... hey 30 -36 mm is an extremely small fish - like smaller than your fingernail they must have been hungry huh?

adamy, cant believe i put mm.