Thread: Big Flatties and Taylor

Big Flatties and Taylor

Hi All

Decided to go for a run with Bennie up to the pin on Monday. Woke up to the sound of heavy rain so decided to sleep a bit longer. Eventually dragged myself out of bed to find that it had stopped and the day looked semi OK. Picked Bennie up and headed for the Seaway. We fished a few spots on the way to the pin catching the odd flttie here and there. All in places I we hadnt fished before. Eventually got tired of exploring and decided to hit the normal spots that work. THe fish were there from the second cast and we got quite a few good fish with the biggest going 75cm. We saw one massive fish swim away from the boat and Bennie made a snap cast at it. It hit the plakkie and after pulling 10m of drag it fell off. > >. Oh well tough luck. One solitary tailor made it into the esky for tea as well which was a nice surprise. Other than the weather it was a fun day on the water with some good fish .

Good Fishing to you all.

Re:  Big Flatties and Taylor

Tailor

keen_as_mustard

Good fishing Rod - glad to hear you feel the bigger fish have finally started to appear in the usual spots. I found similar results on my last trip up the Pin - bring on the Classic!

Marty

good fish there
    what size was the tailor

Chubby

Dunno mate, it went into the esky too quick to measure.

Marty

Yup it seems that the bigger fish have finally arrived in the last few weeks. We had a flash of them in the Tweed for a few days and then they dissapeared again.

Cheers Rod

Some good sized flatties there. Looks like a top morning

Did you guys get hit by any of the showers??

Nice lizards Flick. I been flat out most weekends around the house so haven't had the chance to target a few. Looking at your pics inspire me to get back out there. Well done mate.

Rich

Re: #Big Flatties and Taylor

did you read your pm's recently

Quote Originally Posted by richieboy
    Nice lizards Flick. I been flat out most weekends around the house so haven't had the chance to target a few. Looking at your pics inspire me to get back out there. Well done mate.

Rich

great fishing great pics

solid fish there rod and ben. i hate that when its raining early then clears up. looks like you made the most of it.

G-day Rod.

Nice flatties there, and the tailor looks above average. They look like pretty big plastics in the photo with the tailor, or is that an optical illusion. What sort of plastics are they? Also did you try Curuso Is? I tried there the last few times i fished the pin and the water has been very clear and it hasnt produced the fish it has over the last couple of years. Havent fished it too hard though cause i only get out on the weekends and its like a parking lot though there.

Cheers Whytey
    If you wish to learn more about reading and getting the most from your Lowrance units or learning more about fishing with artificial baits I will come out in the comfort of your own boat for one on one coaching. Please call for more information.

Hi boyz!

Good to see you're on the water again with lizards in tow. Missed you on monday ... I was out on the water as well but mostly testing the modifications on the boat ... moved batteries / side rails etc etc. Goes like a dream now; just need the new prop and we'll be ready for awoonga Benny!

Dropped a few big plastics around the seaway on the start of the run-out just before that southerly kicked in .... but no big flatties to be had. Once the 25 knots SE'er came through the boat was in it's element and we just screamed around the broadwater having fun!!

Anyway hope to catch ya soon. Nice fish and good to see Ben with a sensible haircut!

Fisher

Only on the way home mate.

Whytie

We spent about 30minutes there for one fish but saw 2 fish swim away from the boat I recon one would have been close to a metre it was the biggest Flattie I have seen. We cast at it but it wasnt interested.

Most plakkies used where 6inch straight tails and 4 inch shads but I dont think it really mattered cos when we found fish we would keep trying different shapes and colours and they all got hits.

Franco

Yup I told him I wouldnt go fishing with him unless he sorted it out cos he was chasing all the fish away. As you can see it worked.

Cheers Roderick