Thread: difficult to disprove the "N winds theory"

difficult to disprove the "N winds theory"

Went out again , fishing the rock walls in Townsville...........Northerlies kicked in and I was there to disprove the theory that fish go off the bite in estaries when northerly winds are blowing
    well.............................................. ......................NOT A BITE

4 rods.........2 with live mullet and the other 2 with mullet strips

Fished from 4:30pm - 7 pm...........fairly big incoming tides.

I did however, notice a fisherman about 50 metres away land a Barra..................

what can I say........

Re:  difficult to disprove the "N winds theor

Bugga!!!!!!!!!!!!!! would be a good start mate
    Rainbow Trout is NOT skittle flavoured fish.........

Re: #difficult to disprove the "N winds theor

Hey Kev, did you see any garfish schooling around the breakwalls? #

In regard to N winds theory, an old bloke I used to work with said that every place has its resident fish and they got to eat sometime. #he also states that the one rule to fishing was that there is no rules #.

Lately we have been getting nothing but Northerlys when I try get out for a fish, and the "N" theory hammers home LOUD AND CLEAR!!! [smiley=wut.gif]

The "N" stands for big fat "Nothing" and last time I wondered why the heck I even bothered, based on past experience. But still, it was a nice day to be on the water, but I may as well have left the wand and placcies at home.

Scalem

Well I got up at 4am this morning to greet the incoming tides and headed down to the rockwalls in townsville. SE were blowing but not much at all. Came home with 5 trevors............fished from 5 - 9. At about 9am the winds picked up and the NE came in............time to go@home. Other fish caught was a 30cm toad fish with big monster munchers and a 33cm barra that took a piece of mullet strip.........I spoke to the Barra nicely and asked him to bring around his bigger brothers and then set him on his merry way.

The Northerlies prevail everyday after so lunch so it looks like early mornings are the go for a while.............I hope we see a change soon but I am told that this could go on until the end of the year.

Anyway.............great to be out on the rocks early morning.........very calming

Sorry Kendall,

Never saw any gar................bait schools have been scarce of late. Everynow and again one sees some bait activity but nothing substantial, probably frolicking around freely while the NE winds are blowing and nothing around to terrorise them.

Cheers

Cheers for the reply kev. Always the way, when there are no fish, there seems to be bait everywhere and vice versa.

Wilson

I'm hearing ya mate, i find that whenever i go out on a north westerly for a fish, sweet #%*!!all