Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Great creek fishing

Great creek fishing

I know how Dr Frankenstein must have felt. I truly have created a fishing monster.

Down to the creek where I got outfished on Thursday and after a fairly short time Teri was onto what was obviously a more sizeable jack than she got last time. She dealt with it beautifully on the 4lb fireline, this time though we had decided to go a bit more serious and were running 20lb leader. Into the net and big smiles all round.

A bit further up the creek here we go again. This one was playing up though but I noticed he had done something very unjack like when first hooked coz he ran straight out into deep water. Wasn't surprised when the trevally came into the net. Anybody confirm this species of trevally for me, used to get them all the time in the canals on the G.C.

Now I'm happy for her and everything but it's getting a bit bloody ridiculous as I am fishless! We went back closer to the ramp coz the tide was running out and we still don't know the depths very well. This is where she got the little jack the other day and today it takes her one cast to get the little rod bent over big time again. OH COME ON!!! I refuse to get the net and don't even stop fishing this time. I can tell it's another trevally by the way it fighted too fair so deal with it yourself lady.

This is a great spot and we can see trevally surface busting here there and everywhere. I just can't match her on the powerbaits so decide to change to something that looks more like the bait we can see. First cast, bit of a twitch and whoompfa I'm on. It comes to the surface and starts doin aerobatics. Bugger me, it's a queeny! At least I keep a small part of my dignity. Bloody good fun though, screaming drags all round.

Re: Great creek fishing

another

Oh yeah, the jack went 43cm and my queeny went 55cm. Who cares about the trevally.

business end

small mercies

atomic 2" shad in grey ghost for the queeny and Teri's was using the 3" powerbait in watermelon.

Nice work mate!!! Looks like the creek fishing is firing up nicely up there!

Don't worry.... Your time will come

Some very nice fish there mate What creek are you fishing in?? or if you want to keep that what area are you fishing???

cheers
    Brandon...

PS: my misses out fishes me nearly every time we go out also but i am yet to get her serious into the plastics maybe i shouldn't!!

well done great pics

Hey Brandon,

We were in baffle creek. If you want my advice on getting your other half into plastics, don't! As far as she should know frozen prawns from the local Mobil service station are the best bait in the world.

Very Nice!!! That Trevor is a GT - Giant Trevally. They go hard on the light gear. Congrats to the lil lady - thats how it goes sometimes - I would have stole all her powerbaits! Love it how you refused to net the last fish

Adam

Cheers mate I was thinking you were a lot furthure north for that catch!!! good work Might have to get myself up there sometime over this summer for a fish

cheers N
    Tight Lines

Brandon...

Nice fish Mooks. Half your luck to even get the Mrs out there. My better half isn't as adventurous unless the squid are active. Nice pics mate and Baffle sounds the go. Have you done any fishing toward the mouth yet??

Richie

So do we see Tony when we come to town or just go straight around and see Teri!!!!

Well done Teri.

Mark,I will be up there hopefully just before easter and will catch up,I will get Teri to show me where all the good fishing spots are.

Cheers

Paul

what a great session the missus had, nice queenie to, they are great fun to catch,awesome jack.
    well done
    If i could get paid the same to fish, sorry boss but i ......!