Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2 more jacks

2 more jacks

Yes she is at it again. Today she just turned up the torture a few more notches though. We got up early to get the tides we wanted and were met with a few fish busting up here and there and our heads were on swivels trying to work out which way they were coming from.

Put out crab pots for the first time. Baa humbug to that. What a waste of time that was.

After deploying the wastes of time we zoomed up to some of the fave snags and got nothing so decided to further up. Apparently this was a good decision,..... for Teri. She's gets walloped half way back to the boat and I can tell it's a jack. Another 43cm model that's going to be dinner. Oh well maybe I'll be next. Yeah right! Five minutes later at a different snag and again half way back to the boat she hooks up. This time though he is off! I'm watching the angle of the line getting shallower as he is running for the tree he probably followed her out of. We have enough time during this run to discuss the fact that she is about to be smoked if he gets back to the tree. But somehow she turns him on 4lb fireline, again!

This guy went 46cm and was bloody fat through the guts. So I knock him on the head and mutter something under my breath that sounded like 'ducky bucking hitch!'

Nothing else for the day except for one bream. I'll give you a hundred guesses who got that.

I now introduce Teri as 'my first wife'. Buddha said that permanence was an illusion, nothing lasts forever, either will this marriage if she keeps outfishing me like this! COME ON, DID I KILL A BLOODY ALBATROSS!

Re: 2 more jacks

The bigger one

You always want to see them both at the same time to make sure they're not the same.

top stuff, im surprised she didnt end up in the drink (ala cobia in oct )
    nice fish, at least u got a feed m8, better luck next time

That is a great feed of Jacks there. I am going to have to get in amongst them.

Poodroo

He who aims at nothing is sure to hit it.

Both really nice fish, especially for 4lb line. what weight jig heads where the fish caught on?

Cheers

Scotty

awesome fish,i know who to post my questions to now, hehehehe, teri get the nod by a mile.
    If i could get paid the same to fish, sorry boss but i ......!

i never know weights of jig heads and sinkers scottym. We have a massive box of them and are down to the squidgy finesse heads now in a smallish size i spose.

For_Steve

Boy, those are great Jacks. Don't worry mate, your time will come. Maybe try swaping rods!

Cheers, Brad.

C'mon mate. You making all us red blooded blokes look bad. Your next post better include a pic of you holding a fish (that's one that you caught Mooks) or your reputation may get tarnished. LOL!!
    Good to see she's still amongst em mate. Toip report and great pics.

Richie

I'm getting good with the net though. My photography seems to be improving as well. It started out with cheers and back slaps all round. Now it's just. 'Get the camera' in a monotone voice.

a

Pick ur battles there mooksy -
    There great jacks but u might need to bring in rule 174 in the art of angling

No girls on the boat......

It follows rules 37 - Girls are welcome and
    Rule 122 - when out fished by the female deckie see rule 174.....

You could always offer to tie her knots as well - the art of sabotage is alive an well when where jack fishing - as my old man, he now checks everything 5 times.......

Keep ur chin up mate

Nice, so hows about a few hints on the type of gear used?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Show me the Snapper!

themisses

Go Teri!!
    Mighty fine jacks. Look on the bright side Mooks, your getting a nice feed of fresh fish!!
    Cheers Kim.

nice jacks!