Thread: Manly to Mud planned for Thursday

Manly to Mud planned for Thursday

I was going to put this in the going fishing section, but ended up being a bit of a story attached to it, so this post ended up here. Besides, I may as well start the post early before I actually go out - Its called Positive Mental attitude, and I am going to catch me a few snaps!!

I have been working with this new company for just over 3 months, and they encourage entertaining clients. I noticed a few corporate golf days and a lunch here and there, but I don't play golf and I am told my cholesterol is too high, so lunches are in moderation. I joked with the boss and said I know a really big paddock that I could take a client out, and have some fun. He said "what paddock is that?" I said the one between the mouth of the Brisbane river and Moreton Island to which he replied "go for it!"

So a client is keen to see how many fish you can catch in this part of the world, because having migrated from South Africa a few years ago, he has not ever really caught anything worth putting on the plate. Tomorrow should be a complete new experience for him. I can hardly wait! He is keen for me to teach him a thing or two, and he is one client who stays with me, despite a lot of competition in the I.T industry.

Here's hoping!!

Photos will feature here tomorrow.

Signed

The eternal optimist
    Scalem

finga64

Re: Manly to Mud planned for Thursday

Brian, maaaate.
    You've got it sussed out real good now....getting the boss to pay you to go fishing.
    And to think you laughed at me the day I was offered the job with Jarvis Walker...remember??
    Well done matey [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

And I'll be working hard while your out working on the water. Now there has to be something wrong with that picture. Oh well, I will be in Great_White's store tomorrow and if he has time to say g'day we'll have a whinge about it I'm sure. Good luck tomorrow. Catch heaps but don't make us too green with envy.

Poodroo

He who aims at nothing is sure to hit it.

So the end result?

What a magnificent day!! Total fish was 7 keepers between us, and my guest could not believe how much fun he was having! Every time a snapper jumped on his line, it seemed to happen just when he was talking to me, and was distracted for a moment, then Whack!! ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZ!! Sizes were 47cm biggest, 43 x2, 39 x2 and a just legal 35cm. The Seventh fish was a sweetlip.

Photo is of Douw (yes, his name comes from St Africa) holding one of his fish.

Congrats mate!!

Scalem

You must have just bought those fish. The pic doesn't even show the boat in the water? Just kidding. Well done. I ended up being so busy at work that I didn't even make it to Great_White's shop in the end. Have to get one of the other staff members out there tomorrow. Glad one of us had a good day out. I know what I would have much rather been doing. Fishing would have been much better than splitting my eyebrow open at work.

Poodroo

Good on ya Brian... that showed some guts - putting up a pre-fishing report post - so glad you got amongst them!! I didnt do so well this week - finished up with 2 blacktip sharks - not much to look at hence no photos and no report - but pretty good on the chew.

Out here in WA (perth) at the moment - no boat and not much land based fishing here locally so I'll be pretty keen by the time I get home - 5 weeks.

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by Adamy
    Good on ya Brian... that showed some guts - putting up a pre-fishing report post - so glad you got amongst them!! I didnt do so well this week - finished up with 2 blacktip sharks - not much to look at hence no photos and no report - but pretty good on the chew.

Out here in WA (perth) at the moment - no boat and not much land based fishing here locally # so I'll be pretty keen by the time I get home - 5 weeks.

Adam
    I suppose I am a little on the over confident side Adam, but the conditions ( light Northerly early, increasing in the afternoon) were almost identical to a couple of weekends ago. This time I didn't get bricked though, which is a real shame, because I prepared with tougher hooks.

My Mother in Law lives in Perth, but she has flown over to be with us for the school holidays- the entire school holidays!! At the rate I am going, I might come over to meet you Have a great Christmas Adam!!

Scalem

finga64

Quote Originally Posted by Scalem
    My Mother in Law lives in Perth, but she has flown over to be with us for the school holidays- the entire school holidays!! #At the rate I am going, I might come over to meet you Scalem
    I'm going to tell Leslie Brian unless we go fishing one day #
    Blackmail...I love it #

Quote Originally Posted by Adamy

Out here in WA (perth) at the moment - no boat and not much land based fishing here locally # so I'll be pretty keen by the time I get home - 5 weeks.

Adam
    Gee Adam I hope you didn't let those blacktip reef sharks go. Dead set they are one of the best eating things in the ocean. I speak from experience and am not kidding about how nice they are on the table.

Poodroo