Thread: windy brissie river

windy brissie river

Only oppertunity to fish for the week was this morning and nothing was going to stop us from wetting a line. garrett been working at a tackle store for a couple of weeks and we had the pleasure of fishing with one of his seniors this morning . With no chance of chasing a few speedsters we decided to hide around the river. Tried a proven squire spot which has fired in the past to come up with 1 catfish and a common ray. Persisted searching to escape the wind and slipped into Boggy creek and drifted a few areas with plastics. First signs of bait scattering and few turns certainly got our interest . We were lucky enough to get a heap more imformation and techniques on fishing plastics especially arround shallow snaggy country. Certainly did a lot of casting for a couple of flathead and one sole. still it was enjoyable few hours outdoors and on the water , topped off by that female dolphin that hangs around the boat passage. She was practically talking to the boys and taking pillies out their hands. Garrett turned his head to speak to us and she gently grabbed his finger and the young bloke jumped 2 feet . Unforgetable day out of a very ordinary windy wet start.

Re: windy brissie river

At least you had the gumpsion to go mate, while the rest of us hid behind the fence looking for things to do
    Finally this week and weekend mother nature might just might let us loose.
    regards

What a magic experience with the dolphin.

A nil result is still a result in my book. All part of moving up the learning curve.

Thanks for the report, Chief.

Have to love those dolphins. I had a similar experience a few years ago fishing with my uncle. The clever thing was hanging around under the boat taking all the undersized squire we were releasing. I was truly amazed at how it knew not to take them whilst still on the hook. By the end of the day the dolphin was taking fish from my hand. Glad you at least had a memorable day on the water Chief.

Poodroo

He who aims at nothing is sure to hit it.

Talk about looking for things to do in this weather! It's been so miserable that i thought 'what the heck' - i'll go and get braces and that'll kill some dodgy weather! Now i'm stuck with them for 2 1/2 yrs!

Anyway, not to be deterred after a few weeks of not wetting a line, this Saturday night the odd couple T & TINN will be hitting the horizons - bring it on!!!

Hey CHIEF, was at a function up the river last week and saw some nice structure that might be holding some Threadies (i know there's one in there with my name on it!)... So if you're free over the next few weeks one night, we'll launch at Colmslie and venture out in search...

Take Care T
    home is where the loan is...
    Helping people get the RIGHT Home Loan

deffinantly a learning experience Charlie. The young bloke who fished with us is a wealth of imformation and i've seen the lizards he catches and they have cetainly been impressive. I've been throwing plastics for under a year now and you pick up a lot from reading these chats but i feel i just got a years worth of imfo in one sesh.Could have made a feed out of the two lizards but released them. I was taking so much in while fishing , that i didn;t take any photos.
    Hey brian i hope so, i'm hanging for a trip to the paddock. T1 , sounds good i know a decent threadfin was caught at the mouth around a week ago. and there has been a few caught up as far as Dutton park