Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mongrel of a day in the bay

finga64

Mongrel of a day in the bay

Well folks The Old Legend and I went for a toss of Wello today. Thought we'd take Junior for a run.
    I picked John up at 4am and we were on the water by 4.30 in the am.
    Last time John and I went out Choppa (actually Choppa organised the day, bless him) also came along and because of the usual week-end weather (crappy that is) we couldn't even get to Hybers beacon.
    Well today was nearly mid week so the weather had to be perfect didn't it. #
    We felt sorry for all the week-end warriors stuck at work and we're sitting in the bay with just a gentle breeze to take the zing out of the sun. Bloody beautiful it was.
    Just have to rub it in........It was bloody beautiful conditions for boating and fishing #

We got not a touch on the pillies we had and not a touch on some squid we also had but the stinky old prawns went off. Stuff the plastics we used real bait and it was stinky old prawns left over from the last trip.
    We must have boated 157 of the 200mm squire (maybe a few less) and we (meaning I ) lost at least 2 or 3 reasonable fish on the Alvey due to rotten line. Bugger #
    So out comes the little baitrunner I just got of Springwood marine on the 4kg rod...here we go...How do I use this sucker....Mmmmm
    Lost another few good fish and BANG I'm on John.
    Pulled up a nice 420mm squire and after a couple of other losses pulled up another just legal 360mm specimen.
    John caught lots of babies as well and he's definitely the sole king. He also lost a couple of keepers.
    We also pulled a couple of junvenile grassies and a few smiley fish.
    The wind started picking up just a tad when we decided to head for home about 12.30, not much, just a tad to about 5kts
    So to all the week-end warriors...SUCKERS.
    We had a great day on the water

PS we looked for Charlieville and we reckon we could see him over on Harry's...it was a mongrel day alright #
    The picture is looking between Green Island and St Helena Island....shocking conditions

finga64

Re: Mongrel of a day in the bay

John in his excited state
    Absolutely horrendous conditions aren't they

finga64

Me and a little squire nearly falling out the back of Junior because of the BAD conditions # #
    I gave the poor little fella a nickname. It's now called TEA

finga64

And we thought this was Charlieville across the other side of the bay at Harry's

At least the weather is supposed to be OK this week-end so all you poor unfortunates may get a chance for a change

Cheers Scott #

PS Had us pretty good day on the bay if you didn't guess #

"Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore." -- André Gide

great morning out good stuff, Beats working

Thanks Scotty. I really needed to read about how "bad" those conditions were for you. I am glad you and TOL had a good time out there. You know if you had of used placcies instead of the stinky old prawns you just may have done okay.

Poodroo

He who aims at nothing is sure to hit it.

Glad you boys had fun, bloody terrific wx out there, ended up over near morton and found these blokes
    so hope there still there saturday john for our little trip, put a xross on the water so we find it sat
    regards

great to see you marked spot x is that for all us ausfishers stuck at work so we can find it this weekend or for you tommorow

Quote Originally Posted by finga
    And we thought this was Charlieville across the other side of the bay at Harry's

Hey, yeah! #That was me. #

That must have been early in the morning 'cos you can't see the other seven boats out there that arrived after me.

Did you hear me singing...

Gee im glad the weather turned to sh!t for you guys, always happens soon as the weekend is over, bang good conditions. At least someone is enjoying the day. What the hell are you smoking Charlie?

Dave.

Oh yeah they we're bagging out on spots over Peel way.
    Avast ye matey!

Quote Originally Posted by dogsbody
    What the hell are you smoking Charlie?
    The sweet essence of week-day fishin' ...

Hey Scott,

Good to see conditions turned sour for you mate Tell you what - if you had have chosen the placcies - you really would have turned on some action .

Hey Webby!! - got some doggies there?? No spotties in the bay!!! Just kidding mate - glad you found them - they must have went back north when we chased them last week!!

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by webby
    Glad you boys had fun, bloody terrific wx out there, ended up over near morton and found these blokes
    WoW!! Nice fish, Webby!

Well done!

well if it makes all you hard workers feel any better, the Northerlies did pick up after lunch and made conditions slightly uncomfortable on the way home.