Thread: Exploring Is fun when jacks are involved.

Exploring Is fun when jacks are involved.

Hopped up at 2 o'clock this morning to explore some areas north of brissie. Got to the ramp at 5 and fishin by 5.30. Started throwing a pencil and first snag get smashed missed the hook up. next snag smashed again no hookup. 3rd snag in biggest boil of the lot and cant control the fish, donate another lure to the red fish. Spewin the fish felt pretty solid, but thats fishin. Wasnt prepared and that was the only pencil i had on board. Started throwing hard bodies and went a little quiet. Couple of hours went past with a couple of hits but no hookups. Then on the way back out saw that red flash that we all love and after a short tussle a little 36cm model made his way to the net. Quick pic and he swam away. About a hundred metres downstream and Steves on. Another little red fish of 35cm hit the deck quick photo and put him back. Had one more swipe on the smash minnow before Steve decided he didnt like his GLX anymore and snapped the tip off it. He didnt feel like fishin anymore so headed home happy with the the day and the new territory we had found. Probably going to go up there for a couple of days after crissy. Cant wait. It was one of the most fishy looking places i have fished and the surroundings were quite nice aswell. I wanted to take a few photos but my camera was getting flat. I will next time for sure. We got back and Duncan had steves glx in stock so got a brand newy for $190 good thing about loomis' with thier replacement warranty.

Cheers Whytey

Some of the new found land
    If you wish to learn more about reading and getting the most from your Lowrance units or learning more about fishing with artificial baits I will come out in the comfort of your own boat for one on one coaching. Please call for more information.

Re: Exploring Is fun when jacks are involved.

My little fella
    If you wish to learn more about reading and getting the most from your Lowrance units or learning more about fishing with artificial baits I will come out in the comfort of your own boat for one on one coaching. Please call for more information.

Release

Steves little fella

Nice report and pics again mate.

Looks like you were up pretty far into the brakish water. Nice Black tinge to those jacks.

What sort of pencil were you using?

Pete.

gogecko

looks like lotsa fun, well done guys. So youd recommend the pencil lures over the hardbodies? I might have to add some to my arsenal.

cheers
    Andrew

Looks some beautiful area where you fellas are!

Top fish too!

Quote Originally Posted by Matthias
    Nice report and pics again mate.

Looks like you were up pretty far into the brakish water. Nice Black tinge to those jacks.

What sort of pencil were you using?

Pete.

G-day Pete. Ive been using XPS Slim Dogs they are about 100mm long. Still havent boated a jack of the surface yet but been getting a few trevs and bream as bycatch to keep me interested. Wish i had another in the boat this morning only got to throw it for 2 mins before some bastard red fish stole it.

And yeah it was brackish water, nearly fresh.

Cheers Whytey

how far north of brissy is that?
    rough in hours
    Cheers,

Ben

Looks like a nice spot. Good to see spots that still look relatively unspoiled around Brisbane. Nice report and nice fish. Thanks for sharing.

Poodroo

He who aims at nothing is sure to hit it.

Great pics whyte y. Spewin the big girl you missed didn't make it to the net. Are those shallow divers you fellas using?? Great report mate.

Richie

Great pics whytey. Really rewarding finding new territory and producing the goods, especially when the red fish is involved.

Quote Originally Posted by richieboy
    Great pics whyte y. Spewin the big girl you missed didn't make it to the net. Are those shallow divers you fellas using?? Great report mate.

Richie

Hey Rich. Yeah mate shallow divers, I was throwing a jackall Bros 110 smash minnow which only dives to about 2ft and has the craziest action ive ever seen on a shallow diver. Im going to play around with it a bit and see if i can get it to go about a foot deeper. Then it would be spot on. Steve was throwing a Daiwa TD minnow bout 100mm long and dives to about 3ft

looks like some great territory and some rewarding fish