Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Rainbow/ DI report...more monster whiting + tailor

Re: Rainbow/ DI report...more monster whiting + ta

the poor old stargazer, ugliest fish in the sea, but also the best eating fish in the sea

every time i see one i think of homer simpson as the just sit on the bootm like a couch patato, eating anything + there got that bit of a yellow tinge to them as well

thats a dam nice catch mate Never done very well myself on DI beach, but then again i haven't fished it that well mainly due to the traffic you get up that way but seeing them big boys has sorta change that!!
    Was going to try and get to morton in the next 2 months, but maybe i will be better off going up that way!! I guess when i figure out what weekend I wanta hit the beach I should check the conditions and catchs from both places

Tight Lines
    Brandon...

brandon, it sure is a great placeand only 1.5 hours to the ferry at tewatin from brisbane and a lot cheaper then going to moreton.

if you can fish during the week youv'e got the whole beach nearly to yourself. friday/sat nights are a real pain in the arse as the ferry runs till around midnight and theres normally a steady flow of spotlights blarring all the way up the beach looking for camp sites up untill that time.

best thing to do ( if your able too ) is come up on a saturday arvo or sunday and come home monday arvo or tuesday. this sees the best part of the beaches deserted apart from the odd tour bus.

if you cant doo this, try and fish the top end of the beach at night as most traffic is heading to the camping ground section and wont travel up that far.

i have found DI to be a very consistant beach over the years and have found moreton to be very very erratic for fishing. many times ive fished over there and it has been veryvery dead fishing. but moreton is still one of my fav's.

Thanks for that info Drew I have had bad sessions on moreton b4 also when there should have been fish everywhere!! and i have been in a queue waiting for ages to get accros the tanga track thanks to VW's > My girlfriends parents live up Eumundi way so DI would probablly be more convienient/cheaper for me to access. though last time i was up there was after a good blow and i couldn't park my truck anywere near the good gutters ended up flicking plastics at the third entrance for a couple of small dart.

Anyways will keep an eye out for you up there and will be sure to stop and have a chat as well as check out your decked out TDI

cheers
    Brandon...

see ya up there brandon

brother just phoned me to tell me he and my uncle caught about 20 tailor last night in the 2-2.5 kg range. still getting plenty of dart and whiting however the drains are changing now. he told me they caught another half dozen up near the oaks past rainbow on daylight this morning as well.

may have to do another run up on the weekend

Bill_Klein

yeah well went up friday arvo and not even a bite my mates are a bit pissed but i said its not his fault he was'nt there so help me Drew will this weekend be alright or what i got to redeem myself

i didn't even get a bite mate

outdoor guy, brother fished around middle rocks last night caught tailor, bream, whiting, a jew and good dart.

keep trying, were you fishing at night?

where abouts did you fish?

few boys just north of liesha got into a couple of tailor yesty just on dark, knew I shoulda put the rods in............. >

trophy tailor there buddy ,good job.

Bill_Klein

we were fishin a few kliks from the Teewah houses got there about 330 and fished till around 8pm
    only had a few hours so didnt want to go to far up the beach
    maybe we should have by the sounds of it
    anyway will be goin up for an overnighter next weekend so hopefully be into a few then

out door guy, the top end has some really good formations happening this week. few big holes with suckouts that might see a jewie

Drew,

I think it should be compulsory for a Landy to be in every fishing report. I chucked mine in the last trout write up - even if she was in the distance. There's lots more Landies driving around here in Tassie. Mine is getting very sad about not being on the sand

Brett

agree brett, rest easy knowing every report i post up now will have a landy shot

Barra_Hunter

Drew,

Great fishing report - that's one of the fattest tailor I've seen. Could you tell us about the rig you were using (eg hook types and layout, wire? trace length, weight). We were on Fraser a couple of months ago and did quite well using tailor flesh at night catching tailor to 3kg - however suffered a lot of bite offs and missed hits.

Cheers,

Ollie