Thread: Logan River Crabbin

Logan River Crabbin

Hit the Logan at first light to crab the incoming tide. We put the pots and dillies out near the mouth and did pretty ok - managed 10 sandies and 1 nice sized buck. Also picked up a breambo throwing some plastics around to kill the time.

Looking forward to lunch

oddbudman

Re: Logan River Crabbin

Nice work sounds like the logan produced with the goods

where is the closest launch to the mouth,
    is it possible to reach by kayak?

Cheers,

Ben

Good work Oddbudman!!!

Sounds like you are getting the crabbing sussed out. What worked better, the dillies or pots? Great to see Dave getting amongst it as well!

JOM

The dillies worked pretty well, we were running them right at the mouth. The pots we put along the mangrove stretch just east of Marks Rocks.

The Pots caught the muddie, and a few of the sandcrabs. With the dillies accounting for around 7 of the sandies. The Dillies are a bit more work because we would have to check them more frequently, and often the crabs were getting pretty badly tangled. But on the whole I think the dillies worked best. I think my muddie skills with the pots still need some work, but todays result was encouraging.

Todays secret bait was chicken frames.

I sure hope the crabs are out in force over the coming week - fingers crossed.

Good Luck with the voyage tomorrow JOM. Hopefully your boat adds another species to the deck.

agent_orange

nice catch

Slient

Good to see your new tune on crabbing and huge effort on those sandies & a buck...A toasted switch sand fill with those crab meat is my No. 1

Nice work oddbudman look forward to ur reports - has been a while.

You have crabs,

Micky D

I meant you have crabs in a nice way he he

MickyD

superb feed there oddbudman! i take it you didnt let the pots leave your sight! nice work.

cuzza

Good Catch, glad the spot paid off. getting closer to the mangroves at high tide will give you more muddies and less sandies, but you need to watch the tide and have a shallow draught cos area dry at low tide.

well done !

Cartblank

Thanks for the tip Cartblank. I'll try and get those pots closer next time - i was running them a little wide.

oddbudman

good going logan has to be good crabbing remember those asians the fisheries caught few years back with hundreds all sizes they caught in one night they wouldnt report how they caught them