Thread: Wello 23/12

Wello 23/12

Hit Wello with Mike on Saturday morning. 1st cast I was on to a 33cm squire and we thought we were going to be in for a top day. The fish didnt want to play the game though. We had a few real good runs that we couldnt stop, but that was it.
    Headed over to Green, and only undersized again.

Headed back over to drift around the beacon, hooked up to another good fish but dropped it. Doh. Saw Brent head off not long after, he obviously wasnt getting anything either.

Heading back to the leads, and we thought we would try in the shallows, 10 foot. It was quite late, around 9.00am, so I put on a new SP I bought called a Neon Watermelon Gulp Minnow. BANG, went through a packet in no time at all. We ended up with 5 nice fish, ranging from 38 - 44cm, so it topped a beaut morning right off. I am off to get some more of these placcies, as the squire absolutely loved them. I even got a squire to take one on the top of the water, looked awesome, just skipping a SP over the service and a squire smashing it on the surface.

Had a beaut feed of chilli and garlic snapper fillets and prawns, washed down with a few cold ales today.

Merry Xmas everyone

Re: Wello 23/12

Well done beefaman,

All your other cyberbuddies must be on holidays enjoying themselves and have not replied yet, but I'm still here!! I think the speedster bug is making its mark too, with everyone chasing the macks. When I finally get a chance it will be dificult to pass up a chance to get a feed of snapps on SP's like you just did.

It's too late to wish you a merry Christmas, today is boxing day. Happy new year!!

Scalem

Excellent work in such shallow water
    Sounds like a good day out at Wello and the thought of fresh snapper fillets and cold beer makes me forget all about my gutful of ham and turkey.
    I have seen those placcies but never thought about giving them a go - will have in invest in a few to try them out.

Quote Originally Posted by Lager
    Excellent work in such shallow water
    Sounds like a good day out at Wello and the thought of fresh snapper fillets and cold beer makes me forget all about my gutful of ham and turkey.
    I have seen those placcies but never thought about giving them a go - will have in invest in a few to try them out.
    Lot's of help available on using placcies Beefaman is one of the guru's for wello, but I fish Mud mainly ( I am the idiot who uses twice the fuel!). Happy to help with any questions if you need some help.

Scalem

Took a quick pic with my phone.

good stuff got to give SP's a go

aquarius

G,Day Beefa, yeah you guessed right it was quiet at Wello on Saturday thats why i headed off to Green.
    Took my neighbour out for a first time plastic session and his first cast saw the reel screem AND THEN BANG!!
    Mackerel for sure.
    We had about an hour of fun over at green with every species you could imagine hit our plastics.
    We caught about 6 legals and i said mate throw them back because we will get some better ones soon.
    Well my mistake because they just didn't show up that day.
    He went home happy after catching a few so thats all that counts.
    Beefa you guys did really well on what was a slow fishing day for us.
    There's always next time for MR SQUIRE!!
    Cheers #Brent

It was slow for us for all but an hour or so too. Even sunrise didnt produce the normal numbers we get. Luckily we gave the shallows a hit and found some fish.