Thread: Townsville Barra Park

Townsville Barra Park

G'day all, we have just returned from spending xmas with the family back in Cairns and Townsville. I knew we wouldn't have the chance to do too much serious fishing due to the family committments which sucked because the fishing is what I miss most about not still living up there.

We managed to visit a couple of barra parks, one at Gordonvale and one in Townsville, with my aim being for my wife Mandy to score her first barra. She has become quite proficient at using soft plastics and is something of a flatty expert, often outfishing me so I was confident. Well she nailed her first barra and many more and in the process completely outfished me. I'll take comfort by telling myself that I was mostly the camera man and the deckie.

No huge ones were landed, the biggest went about 60cm and all up we caught about a dozen in two short sessions. All fish were caught on SP's, mostly squigdy slick rigs in gary glitter and drop bear and were subdued on 12lb braid with 20lb flurocarbon leader. Happy new year.

Re: Townsville Barra Park

Another

One more

thay go hard A [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
    figjam :wink: