Thread: Mud Island 29-12-06

Slient

Mud Island 29-12-06

I arrived fisherman island boat ramp about 3.30am and there were 5 car & trailers parked...Raced to east of Mud island before sunrise...
    Yippee I'm only one at east side half hour later more boats arrived...
    First strike on floating pilly was 40cm squire...
    Had to move to North of Mud island...my first squire on plastic unfortunately under size and I'm pleased with my skill on plastic also no grinner hit...I learnt my lesson not let plastic hit bottom...
    Went back to fisherman island boat ramp around 8:45are and the car park already full...

Slient

Re: Mud Island 29-12-06

Well done silent nice little squirey there.

MickyD

Nice to see someone being rewarded when they get out at sillyo'clock. Nice one Silent!!!

Poodroo

He who aims at nothing is sure to hit it.

Excellent Silent,

Replying to your reply on my post too, thanks, and well done, for a busy day on the bay, it's a wonder anything gets caught.

Scalem

nice squire, in and out before the crowds, its the only way to do it at this time of year.

Silent,

Well done, something to show for a 3.30am start.

Rgs
    Michael

Well Done Silent. A very tasty mud island speciman

We were also in the crowds at Mud this morning and managed a few keepers on plastics early before the crowds arrived. It is bloody hard trying to drift between all the boats!!!
    At least the weather was nice so the fish were a bonus.

regards

Nathan

don't any of you buggers work over chrissie????

i just responded to dory 4.1's thread and commented on the state of spinnaker sound's boat ramp at 6 this morning,,,it was chockers,,,

good to see a few fish being caught tho',,,and well done silent,,,nice squire

choppa
    can it get any better??????????????,,,,,,,,,,,,,,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgG_TxEPaQE

Good squire mate. We also hit Mud at silly o'clock and nearly bagged out. A real mixed bag there too. That keeper on Plackies will come mate. Persevere. What size jig head are you using to drift Mud during the run?
    I thought I fished it a bit light today.

Cheers, Richie

Good to see you get a few now that you have switched to the lighter jig heads. I was using 1/6th out there today with 4" powerbait in pumpkinseed doing the damage.

Foggy

Slient

Quote Originally Posted by choppa
    don't any of you buggers work over chrissie????
    Actually I had to go work after this trip... ahh...good things is my work's not far away to boat ramp...

Slient

Quote Originally Posted by richieboy
    What size jig head are you using to drift Mud during the run?
    At the beginning I used 1/8 as Foggy's recommendation but do not work well so I upgraded 1/6 and do work well...
    I was anchored because I was fishing with bait while I throw plastic...Yeah too many boat causes difficult to drift

Slient

Thanks to all your remarks to my report and I know it's not excite because only one squire I caught...