Hi all

Fished this morning at Raby Bay landbased.

Started out casting lightly weighted whitebait towards a pontoon in one of the canals. First fish landed was a 25cm flounder, which was a bit of a surprise. Also landed a just undersize moses perch and a little crescent perch.

I got busted off by something a lot bigger. I was fishing with 4kg main line and got a big hit and was connected for about 5 seconds then the line went slack. Line snapped above the swivel. I will have to try a leader of higher breaking strain to see of that makes a difference.

I also tried casting SPs at the pontoons and got a couple of touches but no hook ups.

After things went quiet around the top of the tide I moved to the mouth of the canal and landed a keeper bream at 23cm and another smaller one that went back.

Finished off flicking a few plastics along one of the beaches and got a 37cm flathead (released) on a gary glitter squidgy fish to finish the day.

Not a bad day with 5 different species caught. I am determined to try and get that bigger fish and will try again later in the week.

Regards

Chris