Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Solid G.T on a Popper.

Solid G.T on a Popper.

Joshy and i left the Goldy early this morning again to fish the rocks on the North Coast of NSW. After getting smashed up yesterday morning we were out to redeem ourselves. Conditions were bloody beautiful for the 2nd morning in a row with no swell or wind, which makes rock fishin a lot easier.

Redemption came within 10 minutes when my 135 Roosta Popper got absolutely crunched in a massive surface explosion followed by an awesome battle which had me circumnavigating the rocks trying to keep him away from the bommies, and the sound of 30lb braid sizzling. Good feeling to finally land 1 after being busted every other time. He went 76cm. Joshy managed a Tailor, 52cm, and dropped another on a 50g metal. Things then went quite after that as usual and we were off the stones at 5.45am.

Re: Solid G.T on a Popper.

Joshy's Tailor, still the odd 1 or 2 hangin around, but not in the numbers they were in a month or 2 ago.

Well done lads. Just deserts for the effort you are putting in.

That is a ripper of trevor.

Matt, would you mind giving us some more info on those poppers you are using?? maybe a pic?

Damo
    Give a man a fish, and he'll eat for a day. But ,flogging him into submission will result in him taking up crabbing.... and once he gets a taste of that sh*t, well, he may never return again.

Well done lads

Don't know where yous go but would love to know

Cheers boys

Steven
    Cheers

Steven

Well done Matt, Great Trev off the rocks, would of been a great tussle. Heart in your mouth at gaff time no doubt.

Well done boys top fish.

same place as normal??
    Rainbow Trout is NOT skittle flavoured fish.........

Hey Damo,

Halco roosta poppers, should be able to get them at just about every good tackle store. The medium size is good, i think its 13.5cm, as it handles in the swell and chop better than the smaller 1. However the smaller 1 (which is still quite big) catches lots of fish as well, just a bit harder to work in the surf. In the river the smaller 1 is the go. They have a great bloop action, cast a mile, have good trebles and split rings and are well priced.

Same spot Aussiefool.

cheers Matt

Awesome fish again guys, you blokes always seem to nail some beauties down that way, well done

Its not your spot X aussie is it ???

Great fish Matty. Love the skyline.

Dave.
    Avast ye matey!

Pistol_Pete

Awesome fish mate...I would have loved to seen that surface hit!...

Where abouts in Nthn NSW do you go, I fish down the Tweed and under the Fingal Lighthouse often. If you could share where abouts you go off the rocks that would be great. Would love to hook into a kingy or big trevally down there.

Cheers Pathfinder

Great stuff fellas awsome trev off the rocks. you deserve your prize mate

Mullet_Musketeer

Thats a beauty - I bet there were a few scary moments hauling him in

Ausfish Platinum Member scuttlebutt's Avatar

Nice trev on the popper, well done. I use those Roostas a lot on the reef up here and they work well. The standard hooks aren't strong enough for anything over 30 pound braid though. I've straightened them on both the small and large sizes with 50.

cheers,

steve