Thread: bay macs

suzy81

bay macs

With our freezer empty of any fish species and a gap in what seemed to be an endless wind problem suze and i decided it was time to get amongst it again and maby even land our first true Dalmatian.
    the bay was not as smooth as we had hoped as we headed to our comboyuro pt destination from manly but compared to our previous 10 trips it was a walk in the park!
    arriving at the 4 beacons the mutton birds and terns were going crazy with schools popping up all over the place,mostly tuna with the odd mac slicing through like a steam train,so out went our lures(ebay specials)and started a troll within minutes i got smashed by an "unstoppable"so on went another lure and again it was on.....not as big this time so my first little spotty was on board(about 80cm)after that we headed off to set up camp b4 dark.....
    sat morning we went for an early fish out at hitchies,this was pretty slow going just some green job fish which i know nothing about so they were all released....they were about 60cm,good fighter though,we back to camp as suze was lookin abit greenish.that arvo we went back to tangalooma and nailed 2 more nice spotties and a small schooly,after catching only schoolies b4 the spoties sure put up a better fight!........thai fish cakes for dinner! mmmmmmm.......
    happy new year...............jez

suzy81

Re: bay macs

jobby

suzy81

spotts

suzy81

the catch

Good stuff Jez & Suze did you guys get them on lures or bait? Cheers MM
    I am a fisherman,it's not something I merely do,it is who I am! Fishing is not simply my escape,it is where I am supposed to be,it is not a place that I go, But a life long journey I am taking, it is a passage that was shown to me and that I will continue to show to others. When you understand all of this, you will then know me and we will fish together.

suzy81

we got em on cheap ebay lures....trolled

Well done!! That is brilliant!

Nice to see you get such a great reward.

Foolish_Chicken

Nice fishes Jez and Suze.
    Did suzy outfish you again jez???

Wags

isaac

Nice spots jez, for info next time those green jobbies are one of the tastiest eating fish you can get, size limit 38 min, bag limit 5. cheers Ben

Nice catch guys,

I'm with Isaac, those job fish are tops on the table!!

Cheers,

GF

Nice fish guys. Always seem to get a few in the boat. Well done.

Rich

Looks like a good way to take out the year, happy new year and tight lines in 2007

Well done you two

cheers

Steven
    Cheers

Steven

excellent work......... jobfish yummmmmmm.

cheers

nob