Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Last squire for 2006

Slient

Last squire for 2006

Not mine it was my son's first squire # of course last squire for 2006...

Took Leo to Redcliff reef for morning fishing session...there was short hot biting when the sun rose...First my rod went strike and battle 30 second later and loose my prize...few minutes later Leo's turn and was very excite and fought so well and landed his first squire 39cm...
    Then biting went quite...we could not believe with our eyes there were zillions of jelly...Photo on the way...

Wish all you happy New Year

Slient

Re: Last squire of 2006

Zillions of jelly...

Slient

More & More

Slient

Fish of the day...

Re: Last squire for 2006

good onya Silent, looks like you made 1 little blokes [s]day[/s] year .

Damo
    Give a man a fish, and he'll eat for a day. But ,flogging him into submission will result in him taking up crabbing.... and once he gets a taste of that sh*t, well, he may never return again.

well done Leo, top fish mate,by that smile you look as keen as your dad when it comes to fishing. Keep it up champ

Ausfish Silver Member

nice fish, great photo, top smile- good stuff

suzy81

what a great fish to end the year! hope 07 produces plenty like that for ya...........jez

A tp effort by the young fellow. He will be keen as mustard to out there again.All the best for the new year
    Ken

Nice pan size pinkie, my mouth is watering just thinking about the breaky you guys had. Top effort by the young bloke

SnodgerHunter

Redcliffe reef is hit and miss territory mate, zeros and ones are all too common. At least we know there is still at least one more squire on "jelly reef" - your fish that got away! Were you fishing in close to the rock wall?

Well done and enjoy the feed,
    SS

Slient

Quote Originally Posted by Snodger Sniper
    Redcliffe reef is hit and miss territory mate, zeros and ones are all too common. At least we know there is still at least one more squire on "jelly reef" - your fish that got away! Were you fishing in close to the rock wall?

Well done and enjoy the feed,
    SS
    I just started explore new spots along redcliff reef and could not help if we catch one or nil...But remember fishing are for fun, enjoyment, relax and sometimes serious business
    No I did not fishing close to rockwall...

capt._mud

Hey silent don't worry mate ...sniper is no expert himself ..If I recall his last postings he's caught 4 fish in as many trips and covered a heaps of klms. for his poor results.

I bet the young bloke was rapped and fishing is about the experience..
    As for jelly fish I work on the wharves in the brissie river and with the northerlies they have been black....... as normal for this time of year.

hey 'silent' good on ya taking the young fella fishing - he looks stoked with his catch - thats what it's all about!.......as for 'mud's' accusations of 'snipers' experience, I don't believe catching 3 squire up to 55cm only ten minutes from the ramp is worth "heaps of Klms" and "poor results". I can vouch that of the last 4 trips he has made - he has caught good fish everytime and is gaining valuable experience....and anyway it's not about the catching as such but in 'mud's' words "it's about the experience".

SnodgerHunter

This website is about learning and helping eachother out by sharing our experiences (good or bad). #Capt Mud, if fishing is more about the experience then why do you say 4 fish in as many trips is 'poor results'? So far Capt Mud has made 5 posts(all replies) - why don't you use the site for posting up your trips and sharing your knowledge and experiences instead of slamming others for what you think is 'poor results'? I am looking forward to your first report.

Cheers,
    SS