Thread: burrum river sat

burrum river sat

went for a crab burrum river got stuck on a sand bank had a fish as tide came in 3 fingermark and two bream in the morning motor was over heating {sand and mud stuck in it ] to get home i ran till it got hot then drifted or anchored up till motor got cool took cover off motor to help no one stopped to offer help ok but i was blitzed by boat after boat ripping close by me at all speeds it didnt worry me i got pods and stabilizers the locals just wouldnt do that i guess visitors to the area here for a short time and dont give a shit ?

For_Steve

Re: burrum river sat

G'day wayneoro,

Disappointed to hear noone offered assistance to you. It would have been obvious you needed a hand as you had taken the cowling off the motor. So much for the golden rule of the sea of offering help to a vessel in need.

I wish you luck getting your cooling system sorted out. It may need a new waterpump impeller and thermostat.

Take it easy and Merry Christmas mate,
    Brad.

Re: burrum river sat

i was up at Woodgate over the xmas.

where abouts did you break down? i was flicking lures on the sat morning (between 5 and 10) mainly oppersite the Burrum boat ramp and up current of the woody point ramp.

i dont remember seeing anyone with the cover off there motor, if i had i would have pulled over to over a hand for sure.

Mark