Thread: Tweed river Trevs

Tweed river Trevs

Headed to the tweed river on friday nite after having no success earlier in the afternoon fishing off the rocks,northern NSW. Managed to get the first cast in and after a couple of bloops across the surface lure got smashed but no hook up then matty through his in and bang hooked the first fish for the night. After that I hooked one had a couple more smashes and then went a bit quiet. both fish were caught on a 35g roosta. both fish bout 50cm

Re: Tweed river Trevs

Matty trev

again nice trevs well done
    Rainbow Trout is NOT skittle flavoured fish.........

Nice fish guys !!

Were you off the rocks near the mouth? We were there late yesterday afternoon and early evening near the mouth where that sand pumping jetty is and all we got were juvenile bream, apart from something that my mate hooked which just took off and he couldn't stop with an Alvey 650C5 and 30lb line. Hooked it on a pillie with 3 x 4/0 Mustads.

It eventually broke him off, and when he wound in, his leader was all frayed. Shark maybe? I guess we'll never know.

TOL

mate we caught the trevs under the pacific highway bridge you can see them busting up all over the surface good to watch.