Thread: Lucky 13 Rainbow

Lucky 13 Rainbow

Headed out at break of day to a favourite hunting ground, to find not a bird awake or a splash on the surface.
    So trolled up to Moreton, around Amity and started heading back south, got as far a the red mid channel, when Cameron my son eyed through the bino" a lot of life both above and below futher south, so pull the gear in and bolted south to the second red.
    Took no more then 1 hr between 3 of us and a few full throttle chases, loosing a few slugs to land 13 spots and a few bonito for bait to boot.
    They then up and disappeared and for the next hours we couldnt find a #boil anywhere.
    So witht the esky dripping with blood we headed south to wards Adams beach to retreive the pots and 6 sandies as appertisers.
    Back at Vicky Pt by lunch.
    Pic below of the bloodied esky and some happy hunters
    regards
    Sorry pics will ave to come later, my usb port has decided to shit itself
    #

Re: Lucky 13 Rainbow

Must have missed my invite. In the mail I guess .

Well done Brian. Would not mind tagging along one day.

Foggy

Top stuff Webby. Slaying em champ.

Richie

redspeckle

Webby
    Looks like you wasn't the only boat trying different spots today in the bay
    I was going to head out over the south passage today but the wind was blowing out the east and very strong ( condition's would have been sloppy and not real fun come back over a low tide) so I decide stay in the bay try near the rouse wall caught heaps of under size squire's and couple of really 2 big Wobegon's sharks and cod's (the type of fish that was yellow around the fins and body brown in color I no idea what they are )
    And try Harry's and many other spot's couldn't raise a fish
    No keepers today But until next Fishing Trip
    So those sandy's should be tasty [smiley=chef.gif]

Mitch

G/ day mate well done on the spots, just dont take me out and you see what happens ! i better stick to the deep blue stuff ! will give you a call early this week .

CHEERS RAY

top stuff webby!!

have been out there a few times lately, and yet to see a school of spots busting up on the surface, although there are plenty of frigates around!!

that should fill the freezer for a while.

Hi Webby.

Great report - will love to see the pics.

I always look forward to your reports on Ausfish but you don't do them as much now since you became a serious writer for B&B.

(A phenomenal article in the January B&B, BTW. Very well done!)

Happy new year, Champ!

Regards..........

Hi Mate thanks.
    Hope to have the pics up today, found out its not the usb port but the camera, and i dont have a card reader so going elsewhere to sort it out.
    Though it was going to be a quiet day in rainbow with the early lack of showings.
    But when we sited the activity in the southern end of rainbow, you couldnt believe the bait schools moving around and this was half way thru the run out.
    Their were black clouds of bait moving around even around the boat, havent seen that for year in rainbow or else where in the bay.
    Would say the spots came from down further in the bay and were headin back out through the passage, as a matter of fact i 've never seen so many spots like that day in rainbow before, doggies yes but not spots, and once the bait disappeared they went too, except for a few small schools of bonito.
    They seem to be moving fairly fast around the bay in medium size schools, and if you not there the day they pass through one area you dip out.
    Still not around in great numbers either, need some warmer weather.
    Couple of other rigs also pull up and got into the action, dont no if there members on this board.
    You'll have to joi n in the Mackerel M & G and leave them squire alone for awhile, grassies should be getting more consistent by now and your spot at Mud should start to get better results, you no the one up the northern bays
    regards

Quote Originally Posted by webby
    , grassies should be getting more consistent by now and your spot at Mud should start to get better results, you no the one up the northern bays

Thanks Brian. #Will have to give that spot a go. #

I haven't been fishing Mud for many weeks now. #Have been giving Harry's a good shake and dabbling around Peel a bit. #However, now that I have a new Shimano Trynos 20 2-speed loaded up with 45 lb line, I thought that I might do some drifting in the Rainbow and see what happens. #(I went to the extra coupla hundred bucks that a two speed reel costs because an old fella like me finds his arm just about falling off when locked up in a big fight with some of those freight trains that I have had much joy in battling lately.)

Apart from what you write in B&B about the Rainbow, I have kept pretty good notes from your talk at the Tackle and Tinnie show about the Rainbow. #That was a pretty good talk, thanks.

Will go back and explore that spot at Mud again though. #I did well enough there last summer. Thanks for the tip.

Good result Webby, and it's good to hear that the bay is looking pretty healthy as well.

TOL

NeilD

Good work Brian.

I was out that way as well and did not see a bird or splash between Myora and the Bar. It seemed pretty dead with no bait around Amity etc. Was back on board the big boat by the time the action started. I ended up with only a few reefies but even they were hard work. Some BIG Squid hanging around the weed beds though

Cheers

Neil

Good work Webby,

I hope the camera/USB is sorted out for you soon, I wonder what's going on there? Windows should pick it up, so the Camera might have a problem, in which case the memory card may also have a problem with the images ( I also corrupted a few images recently, but it was low battery power that caused it)

7 in one card readers are cheap as chips, and definitely the way to go. Looking forward to the pics.

Scalem

Great_White

Well done Webby, and I would just be happy with a big snapper

Peter

Geez Brian! You've been around long enough to know that unless there's pic's, it's all ALLEGEDLY!!!

So, ALLEGEDLY well done!!

Take Care T
    home is where the loan is...
    Helping people get the RIGHT Home Loan