Thread: Late report Broadwater 29/12

Late report Broadwater 29/12

Took my son down to chase some flatties on soft plastics arrived at 4.40am went out to a bank ihad caught a few on before but instead of fishing the edges we fished on top of the bank.Only fishable at high tide which we had ,first cast and first jig i am on nice keeper well i thought this could be a good morning.No boat traffic and no wind helped we ended up with 13 flatties and 1 bream 5 legals and 1 that went 74cms which i caught on my new rod a pfleuger trion and 4 lb braid .All fish caught on squidgy fish black gold color my son all so managed his first flattie on soft plastic.

Cheers Rob

sorry guys no photos computer problems

Re: Late report Broadwater 29/12

sounds like a good morning on the water

The trion is a nice rod hey!!! i found i had to cut a bit of the butt off and reglue cork end back on to make it near perfect.

Good session and congrads to your son, I'm using a pflueger reel and i'm greatly surprised . Not just because of the price , its just a very good little reel.

sounds like a very good sesh for you and ur son always nice to have early morning by ur selves congrats on the good catch

Sounds like a good session down there bert. Nothing like a SP session on the flathead, one of my favourite fish. How was the weed down there, there was a fair bit around Jumpinpin earlier in the week on the bigger tides?

HI alleycat the trion feels pretty good to me .Hey chief i am using a president spin reel with the trion i have had the reel 18 months and its been great i was using it on a raider bream finesse . But i got a daiwa cy 2000 on it now.Murph77 no trouble with floating weed down there but i was down the southern end.

Cheers guys