Thread: a flash of red and a couple of trev

a flash of red and a couple of trev

after getting up at the crack of dawn to be once agian dissapionted by the surf on the goldy, my mate who has been keen to catch some fish on plastics and i hit currumbin creek.

we got the boat in at 6am and hit our first stop around the bridges, dropped in the electric and my mate quickly got into his first sp trev only small but still good fun, and few more small trev and flatties later we decided to go in search of bigger fish.

we came up to our next stretch and started flicking 2" atomic grubs in brown crawldad around the snags. first cast i finally got my first jack for the season at around the 40cm mark, quite stressful as i was only using 4lb braid with 6lb leader, he didnt want to come out either. quick pic and he was back in.

my mate then got a nice gt which gave him a good go on the light gear, we must have been on a school as next cast i got into one a similar size.

soon after i came up tight on another jack who decided my line was a weak link and with a couple of tail beats had me quickly wrapped around everything possible till my leader snapped. arrrggghhh. he looked good too.

work the same bank agian with high hopes but only pulled a few moses pearch and small queenies.

big rain storm came over and sent us home.

sorry about the photo shopped background but what goes with the jack stays with the jack.

greg

Re: a flash of red and a couple of trev

trev

trev 2

Nice job greg. Toitally correct my friend. What goes with him should stay with him. Well done on the release and a top pic.
    You seem to be slayin em on the light gear.

Richie

fantastic greg! great trevors too. sounds like you were fishing in great conditions for the bruisers if a storm was coming.

cuzza

mitch_05

Nice fish

Mullet_Musketeer

Well done on the first Jack of the season. I am still wandering around land based trying to get one. I will be up in Noosa now for a couple of weeks so I am hopeful.

keen_as_mustard

top fish greg - fishing for Jacks with 6lb leader is true "sportsfishing"

well done mate

top fish

For_Steve

Good stuff Greg. You're fishing nice a light and it's bringing you good results. Top fish!

Nice catch Mate. That trev would have been awesome fun on 6lb.

Pete.

thirsty_work

nice work boys.

Nice work Greg, good to see you are descrete with Currumbin Creek, its a small place & we don't want it to be fished out like it was a few years back after being on Creek To Coast!
    Lov your work mate, keep it up!
    Cheers
    Toppy

there some big trevs for 4 pound line nice work
    good fishing plasticking700