Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: What's your biggest Flathead ?

R_K_HILL

What's your biggest Flathead ?

Hi all, was just reading this post ( http://www.ausfish.com.au/forum/YaBB.cgi?num=1154301826 ) and saw one of the biggest Flatty's I've ever seen, caught by Greenie's (mistress T) son up Coombabah Creek recently.

Then thought it'd be good to start a topic where you can post your biggest Flathead and how + where + when you caught it!

My biggest doesn't even go close to their's, but I'll put it below anyways.

Time: Easter 2006 Late afternoon
    Size of Fish: Unknown (maybe around 80cm)
    Bait: Live Herring (about 15cm in size)

Re: What's your biggest Flathead ?

80cm in 1997 in Lota Creek trolling a hard bodied lure. Will try and find the photo (until then, 'allegedly').

My brother dropped a fish (bit through the leader) at the side of the boat that was around the metre mark at the Pin earlier this year! One of the biggest i have ever seen with my own eyes...

Take Care T
    home is where the loan is...
    Helping people get the RIGHT Home Loan

Apparently the large flathead have moved in around the pin and the seaway already. Heres a photo of a 79cm fish caught at the pin in september 2004.

And here's an 86cm fish caught on the same day that we didn't want to handle

The first fish took a 3 inch saltwater assasin in chartuse and the second fish took an unweighted poddy mullet cast into structure and worked slowly out.

R_K_HILL

Nice catch. Like your ruler!

Richmond River Spot X, 80cm model, early morning in June 2006, rainbow in background was just a bonus for the piccy!!

Sorry forgot to mention, caught on soft plastic, 3 inch minnow smelt scales!!

Here's another picture.

No pic unforunately but my brother (Fritzy) got one on a pilly tail at the mouth of the Mooloolah at christmas... went 96 cm

92cm in the twed on a manns stretch 20+ banana fish colour

92cm in the tweed on a manns stretch 20+ banana fish colour

oops sorry about the double post this one went 90cm in the seaway on a 6"tsunami shad

Sportfish_5

Yeah sure

Double post to show off the 6 pack of abs Matty

80 odd cm (around 4 of my handspans that are 23cm exactly) on 2 1/2in atomic paddletail in green gord and 1/8 tt jighead. 8lb fireline and 8lb yo-zuri flurocarbon leader at riverheads (h/bay) in 3ft of water fishing parralel to the bank.

I have "allegedly" caught 1 at 93cms - of course I cant prove it till I find the photo... Caught in the broadwater on a live mullay hey T1 It was years ago before digital - so I'll dig through and see if I cant find the print and scan it.... till then it's alleged.

One day - my best ever was at the point of caruso - between me and a mate we caught 5 with the smallest at 77cm (we only kept 3) - in those days we didnt take photos of fish - we just ate them... those were also the days when it was OK to take a big female... wouldnt do it now of course.