Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: What's your biggest Flathead ?

R_K_HILL

Re: What's your biggest Flathead ?

Have Been out of Action for a few months. Thanks to all who posted their prize catches here!

this is my latest big girl that was released in excellent condition 87 cm

regards paul

Nice fish Paul

Good to catch up before xmas, no doubt we'll chat again

Regards Mark

yes mark it was great to meet you also...

hows muzzas back ??

chers paul

locked_up

This flathead was caught in the bad old days when a flathead over the 10 pound mark was the holy grail and was promptly donged on the head. I have never caught a 10 pounder but was showed up by my wife with this 13 pounder on the old sand mining jetty at the bottom end of Fraser Island (since demolished) in the early eighties.

Sorry no pic's but 40 years ago i caught 10 & 3/4lb lizzard. At the age of 10 i s--t myself when it came out of the murky brown waters of the Sussex Singlet river. Caught on a live pody which was caught in a oyster bottle with bread ( that was fun in those days) i thought it was a snag and on a 2$ rod and a bakerlite reel i was king of the kids in the caravan park. Got my photo in the local rag and that was big news back then ..............oh the Memories

Paul,

Havnt spoken to Muzz for a coulpe of weeks. I'll try and get down to the westie on Friday arv 4 beer oclock and catch him then.

There still seems to be a zillion little tackers 4 every reasonable lizard in the lower river

Cheers Mark

i think thats a good idea i will be sure to put mine up when i catch my first one lol. i have not caught one yet and im 14 but my time will come. congrats to all the people that have posted there flaties.