Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Intercooler

Jack_Lives_Here

Re: Intercooler

TimNQ - This is not a high performance race car i'm talking about here - it's a stock as a rock diesel. The "research" you mention is exactly what i'm doing and the research suggests that pinhead was right on the money. You shouldn't concern yourself with how much money I have to spend. I reckon $1900 on a cooler and then tuned by the same people is money well spent. Hey, guys I've spoken to since first posting this are all 1000% happy with their choice - same vehicle same cooler.

Big_Kev

Well it sounds like the cooler is the choice for the day Jack.
    Still the first step is to do is the exhaust. It sounds like the guysyou have lined up to do it have done the job before plenty of times.
    I just find it hard to beleive that just a cooler will give that sort of an increase as displayed in the graph without carrying out other mods
    Be sure to post some pics and tell us what she goes like after the job.
    Cheers Kev.

Quote Originally Posted by JackLivesHere
    TimNQ - This is not a high performance race car i'm talking about here - ##

Thats why a cooler is a waste of time and money when there are so many other restrictions costing you power without having to do what people tell you and spend big bucks. 7-8psi does not need to be cooled. But yea your choice and good luck with it.

Jack_Lives_Here

Yeh Kev the guys that were happiest had new exhaust put on also - that's in the plan also.

Tim - let's just say I want to retain fuel economy as well.

Big_Kev

If you are doing the exhaust 2.5 inch will do the trick.
    The 3 inch is realy for the above 5 ltr class and is mainly fitted by guys who read to many magazines.
    3 inch has to be manualy fabricated and can cost an arm and you don't realy need it.
    But if you want put 3 inch from the turbo to the resinator this is where the exhausted gas will be at its hottest after that it cools very quickly.
    Cheers Kev