Thread: NAVARA VIBRATION

NAVARA VIBRATION

Gaday folks..I have a new Navara(10,000 ks)and ever since new it vibrates in between 2000 and 2400 revs..Its been back to the dealer 4 times and on the 4th time they shimmied up the centre bearing by about 15mm,changed the diff oil and said to keep the tyre pressures at 46 psi..this improved it a bit but its still there..Its going back next week for a 5th attempt..Oh yeah..its only really bad when going around corners in that rev range which tends to piont to the diff not working properly..any ideas???
    Regards....Kunnara

Re: NAVARA VIBRATION

Mate,
    Is the vibration in all gears or at those revs in the motor irrispective of which gear?? If it is in any gear im guessing its in the clutch if its only at a certain speed i guess it could be the centre bearing faulty,New bearings can be crook. only a home taught mechanic so only guessing

no idea really
    BUT as a mechanic i would be pi**ed if I had a new bus and the centre bearing had to be shimmed at all, if that helped i would be suggesting to them that it needed to be put on a chassis jig and have the alinement checked. ( mate had a gt shaker he had from new & when he decide to do a major rebuild after sitting on blocks for ten years, with only 24000 mile on it, he found the drivers side to be about 3/4 of an inch longer)
    cheers
    blaze

Big_Kev

There would be plenty of cars around like that I think Blaze.
    Otherwise they would not need an alignment from new.
    But I guess the quality controll is a lot better in this day.
    As for the Navara, it could be anybodies guess.
    Does the vibration come from the engine when you rev it up or from the drive train when driven?

Gaday..The vibration is only when moving..when the ute is unloaded, going around a corner in that rev range the tyre's sqeel rather than the ute vibrate but when loaded the vibration is back which again points to the limited slip diff being to tight but how do you get a dealer to replace or repair a diff in a new ute??But then again im a Plumber and may be way off the mark...
    regards...Kunnara

speak to the highest in charge person, the manager of head office etc, in person, have the number of trade practice (or who ever deals with that sort of thing in your state) pre loaded in your phone, and if you get no satifaction, while still with the manager, ring them, good idea to pre ring them to make sure they have prior knowledge and you also find out your rights as a consumer, you do have rights.
    I have done this before as a last resort, but it seems to make the dealer relise that they cant f**k you about
    cheers
    blaze