Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Litres per 100klms

Re: Litres per 100klms

Hilux 2.8 L Diesel (with 205 tyres) = 11L/100km
    Same Hilux with 31X10.5 tyres = 13L/100km

80 series Cruiser 1HZ (4.2 L Diesel aftermarket turbo) = 13L/100km
    towing 3.5 tonne trailer and tractor = 22L/100km
    Towing 16 foot alloy boat = 15-16L/100km

All figures are highway driving at 90-100km/hour.
    110km/hour over 100km/hour makes a big difference.

Sam.

Should I mention this ???
    My wife just bought a peugeot 307 Hdi 2lt turbo diesel, on the highway it gets 1,400km out of a tank, round town it is returning about 5.5 lt per 100km [smiley=stunned.gif] #She loves pulling in to the pump and having 4wd drivers freak when she starts filling it up with diesel.

So if you see a little old lady with a silver Pug and punk hair just let her go OK.

If we need one we rent a 4wd, or we take my 2WD HiLux ute @ 8 to 10lt per 100.

Lance, fuel is the cheap part of of running a top vehicle,being an old pensioner i log the fuel used on our petrol 1994 80 series auto, we have just come back from a trip to the southern states towing a statesman 22.6 van.we get 18.5--29.8 per100 km mean av is 25.0 .with out the van and tinny on top is 20.0 as well. fit a hiclone well worth the $$ .
    cheers Brush

I just looked into the HiClone things for my ute, my dynotune said he had bought $10,000 worth and fitted them to everything from a 5.7Lt V8 race car to a 3 cylinder Suzy...... Net result after 2 months running in? NOTHING ZIP ZILCH [smiley=stunned.gif]

To give them credit they did refund the full purchase price but you would need to get accurate figures before spending $300+

I have also talked to engineers who were running a test bed engine for research, similar story.

I just worked out the price and you would need to be traveling a LOT to recover the cost of the little suckers if they did work up to the advertised performance.

I love the concept of them but I am not convinced

own a gmc super cab 6.5 turbo diesel 4wd . Total weight of truck is 3 tonne empty, with tools 4 tonne , towing my bobcat add 3.5 tonne = scarey
    At its best i get 6.5 km per litre down hill with a tail wind. When towing i don't really want to know , just put it on motorcharge and get the secretary to pay it at end of month.
    Despite the huge diesel bill my last chevy with the 5.7 litre petrol got me 4.5km per litre
    The painful thing about owning an import is the parts and the fact that not many mechanics can fix them.
    Would love to own something simple like a cruiser but their tow capacity isn't big enough neither are they strong enough to do what i do.
    When i grow up i want to own a new 6.6 litre duramax chev diesel with 300 hp of grunt , 4500kg tow capacity and a $112,00 price tag , now that hurts
    Craig

Lance , what a topic fuel ecom,as i suggested the clone fitted to our 80 ser improved the perf. however the perf. statements from the mfg. are always bias to their product,what i am saying the toyota now runs like a vehicle running at night in cooler air,idles sweeter,holds the revs longer towing,and for ,,,$$$ 160.00 dollars is money well spent; carn,t understand why an engine tuner would spend $$ to test a product that already had thousands spent in developement cheers .

2001 TD5 Discovery.

9.7l/100km and 11l/100km around town!

No repair bills (I tell a lie, I've had to replace the wiper blades because one split).

127,000km and I haven't even had to put tyres on it yet!

I've had a Toyota and a Pajero longterm (250,000km each) and driven plenty of others as supplied by previous employers, on road and tons of offroad, but when it came time to buy my own I went no further than the nearest Land Rover Dealer.

Here's a word Toyota, Nissan, Mitsubishi and those other just don't even know about!

Heritage
    Rev!

http://www.geocities.com/heartland/bluffs/3583/catgifs/anicat21.gif

"Go n-ithe an cat thu is go n-ithe an diabhal an cat"

Big_Kev

I love a man with a sense of humor. RAFLMAO.

A couple of words that landie addicts don't want to know......RESALE VALUE.How can something so "good" depreciate so rapidly?

Come on there banshee, you don't want those landy owners to loose their sence of humor? After all they must have a sense of humor to own a landy. heheheheheh
    Cheers Ron
    Make something Idiot proof and they make better Idiots

There are only two types of 4WD owners!

Ones that own a Land Rover and the others that want a Land Rover.

Check this out;

Land Rover, Vehicle of the Century

[smiley=2thumbsup.gif] [smiley=2thumbsup.gif] [smiley=2thumbsup.gif] [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]
    Rev!

http://www.geocities.com/heartland/bluffs/3583/catgifs/anicat21.gif

"Go n-ithe an cat thu is go n-ithe an diabhal an cat"

you landy guys have got too much free time on your hands.

im getting 13 litres per 100KM's from my new rodeo, but im lead footing it to run in.

Cheers Cloud 9
    then it realy gets ughly

nisrol

hmmmm i really don't know about all this trivial arguing about who has and or who makes the best 4by i am buying one for the purpose of towing my boat and carrying my family around ( cause it's pulling the arse out of my poor 3.9ltr falcon sedan ).
    well it is made by nissan so what ! 8) i'm happy as long as it does what i have brought it for [smiley=laola.gif] [smiley=whip.gif]

nisrol

actualy just had a thought maybe the owners of the early landrovers like them so much is cause there parents never brought them a mecano set when they were kids so now they buy bolt together 4 wheel drives LOL [smiley=rifle.gif] [smiley=whip.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=wut.gif]

CHRIS_aka_GWH

Quote Originally Posted by nisrol
    actualy just had a thought maybe the owners of the early landrovers like them so much is cause there parents never brought them a mecano set when they were kids so now they buy bolt together 4 wheel drives
    you begin to understand grasshopper - simplicity is part of the attraction & the ability to work on the early ones yourself saves dollars better spent on tackle. For the price they out perform brand new stuff on the beach in the real soft stuff.

i just got back from straddie - before going over serviced the old girl - dropped all fluids (gearboxes, diffs, swivel pins etc), removed relubed & refitted the front & rear propellor shafts all with relative ease without hoisting or jacking the vehicle whatsoever just lying on the driveway.

Over straddie we literally emptied buckets of sand out of it we walked into it over the week - we had people hopping in & out, bait, cutting boards, live bait tanks sloshing around etc in the back all week. We never saw a Landy bogged & there were many out there.

Once back unbolted the front floor panels & hosed out the interior & exterior of it. Removal of the floor panels (15 min) meant i could fully flush the frame & drive train & springs.

Its hard to beat them for beach work & endurance - my passion I guess lies in their simplicity & appropriateness to task. A bit of me is in that car - my work. Its not a road car. I own a beach adventure vehicle that I drive to work everyday - comfort is for the dying.

chris