Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Litres per 100klms

Big_Kev

Re: Litres per 100klms

Thats good economy Mick.
    What donk is in the disco? Is it the BMW 5cyl?
    And in another 2yrs Chris your old girl can officialy be classed as a clasic car.

I love the bagging of landys as unreliable, theyre so unreliable that there are still heaps of 1940's and 50's models driving around. Shove that in your made in japan fourby and smoke it.

Nope its a 300tdi made in Solihull, England by hand, not Korea by machine.

Back to topic in hand, go the diesel preferably a smaller turbo diesel. acceleration isnt great but who's racing. A diesel will be hard to kill with a big stick and theyre inherently more reliable due to over engineering. Hard to kill with water aswell.
    cheers
    Mick

gday fellas

my uncle was working in a 4X4 repair shop for 5 years and the amount of major problems with the land rovers was incredible there was a ratio of 1:1 of land rovers to everything else!!!
    and his conclusion was if you drive a land rover fill it up with spare parts and if you have enough room left over put your fishing gear and camping gear in!!! ever since then the only 4X4 hes ever owned has been the older ( early-mid 80s) landcruiser with the diesel engine. with economy down to around 14L/100km around the city and about 18L/100km towing his boat...its a 21 foot clark with twin 85s on the back with all the fishing gear as well .me im lookin to get a similar 'cruiser.
    as for my car now its an old ford buzz box that gets around 6.6L/100km. this gets me to where i usually go fishing but having a 4X4 is what i really want. but there is no way in hell im goin to get a rover!!! 8)

by the way about the others being machine built and the rovers being hand built, so what! that is not where the problem is, its how the rovers were designed they were designed to break and they are no where near the standard they should be. if they were then it would be a differant story i might consider buying one. but since they arent there is no way im gettin one. then there is the other reason of them not havin much power for the same money i can get a more reliable vehicle and its got more power.
    by the way what is the towing capacity of the rovers compared to the 'cruiser??? ??? ???
    cheers
    phil...

Justme

I have a Mazda Bravo 2.5 litre Intercooled turbo diesel and have recorded it's fuel economy since new 12 months ago.
    It's now done almost 15000 kms and has averaged just a dribble under 12 litres/100kms.
    Thats 23.6 mpg in old talk.
    I'm reasonably happy with that although a bit more would be better.
    Cheers
    Larry

A rover will tow 3.5 ton straight up, Id be suprised if the cruiser was anything like this. Even cruiser lovers (boooooring) admitt Rovers will out tow anything. I used to be a cruiser fan but all of their good points just rusted away so fast my head would spin. Ive owned and driven a variety of rovers for many years now and i also drive cruisers for work and id never own anything but a Rover.
    cheers
    Mick
    P.S. everyone seems to say make sure youve got 2 kidneys for a rover cause youll have to sell one. After driving cruisers for eight hours you wont have to worry about kidneys with their crap suspension.

In the cruiser ute we get about 800km per 90L of fuel. That is pretty good i would reckon. Thats mainly on highway running but so yer, I love this debate between the cruiser men and the rover boys its good stuff. Id have a crusier over one of them crap excuses for a 4 wheel drive anyday.

Cheers, Lachie

Dare I say i would very much buy a patrol before i even thought about a cruiser. Theyre not quite as butt ugly But seriously I think i'll have to stay away from this post or i'll get my cranky pants on.
    cheers
    Mick

Big_Kev

Come on Mick stick with it, you bite so well. LOL
    Cheers Kev.

Well - since you brought the subject up - the Patrol 3.0L Turbo Diesel get 11lt/100k wihtout a boat on the back and 12lt/100 with.

Not complaining - even though I have a company fuel card # Previoul company car was a 2.0L Daewoo Nubira wagon that used as many litres of petrol as the Patrol uses diesel. Except when towing when it was FAR worse.

Both me and the Boss are happy with the Patrol. #

Cheers
    Steve

CHRIS_aka_GWH

Quote Originally Posted by fishy_phil

my uncle was working in a 4X4 repair shop for 5 years and the amount of major problems with the land rovers was incredible there was a ratio of 1:1 of land rovers to everything else!!!
    and his conclusion was

that is not where the problem is, its how the rovers were designed they were designed to break and they are no where near the standard they should be. ## # # #
    Incredible how so many countries would cripple their own armed forces by using such disgustingly engineered monstrosoties #. Ever tried to find an ex-army landy for sale - its pretty hard they don't sell 'em just service them & put them back i the field.

Mechanics hate them because do require extra work. Take my S3. Filters that are not diposable - but you can take em apart & clean them if needs be. It takes several more actions to remove & change.

Mechanics may see more of them because more landrover bodies & chasises, survive longer.

chris

Big_Kev

Incredible how so many countries would cripple their own armed forces by using such disgustingly engineered monstrosoties #.

I am glad it is a landrover owner that said that. .
    That way you can't bash us Landcruiser owners for saying bad things about Landrovers all the time.

There's no milage for you landie owners bringing the Army into it.Toyota,Nissan........Nissan,Toyota,there's only two choices!

Quote Originally Posted by banshee
    There's no milage for you landie owners bringing the Army into it.Toyota,Nissan........Nissan,Toyota,there's only two choices!
    Yeah and even then its pretty clear cut that if you want a no nonsense, tough as guts 4x4 you get a Landcruiser or at least some sort of toyota.

Cheers, Lachie