Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Litres per 100klms

Re: Litres per 100klms

Met some blokes over WA towin Bushtracker caravans with petrol cruisers they were usin 35 l per 100km or worse, Scary stuff!!!!!

Have a 100 series 4.5LT petrol cruiser only got it 2 weeks ago its getting about 15 lt per 100km(manual).

Took the cruiser for a run today drove from Caloundra two blackbut then to emu creek about 40k of dirt road driveing in this plus a drive over a range. Done 313km and used 44lt .at average of 104.33km four 14.66lt .

Needmorerum

Fully loaded (3.6t) my diesesel 1Hzzzz GXL 80 get around 17 l/100, around town it runs around 14.5 l/100 and Highway running MT around 12 l/100.

Corry

not a 4be, but

the ute gets 725klm's from 68ltrs h/way

and 515klm's from 68ltrs gas.

4.0ltr straight six in a 98 Ford ute, auto and air always on.

OK, it only gets 530k's around town out of 68ltrs,

economy,, you work it out.

then again... it 's about 3.9 cents per kilometer on gas at the moment. Ya gotta be happy with that. If only I could find a 4 x 4 that'll do that !

Cheers Phill
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Needmorerum

Hey Phill, economy sounds good, meet you at Vrilya Point for a weeks fishing, Oh hang on, sorry a Ford ute won't make it in there, If only I could find a Ford ute that'll do that!

LOL
    Cheers
    Corry

Ausfish Platinum Member whiteman's Avatar

I know it's not in the same testosterone league as you guys but my Mazda Tribute petrol uses around 12l/100k. Can get below 10 on the highway with a tail wind. It's a quick car but not quite up to pulling 1,000+kg of boat and gear so it will soon be replaced, probably by a Prado diesel when they bring out the new motor (later this year???).

Yes Corry, thought about putting some Explorer running gear under Ute !

I did hit the beach over Easter in the Ute. Inskip Point !

Only buried it once !

Phill ( non-4 x 4 owner, but maybe soon )
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

CHRIS_aka_GWH

Quote Originally Posted by Reel Hard
    Nah Buff when they buy them they just have to make sure they have two kidneys, so one can be sold to keep the Rover going. LOL
    RAOFL RAOFL RAOFL RAOFL RAOFL RAOFL RAOFL #[smiley=drunk.gif]

oh, agh stop it - my sides are hurting. Sorry guys couldn't type I was laughing so much.

emision valve diaphram $7.60
    (can be replaced with a circular piece of tyre tube in an emergency apparently)
    distributtor cap # # # # # $13.60
    spark plug leads x 4 # # $13.25

within 600kms travel I'm ahead of a L/cruiser using 20l/100km.

That of course assumes the petrol L/cruiser is one of those "special ones" that never needs to replace the leads or cap.

I replaced them because they were original equipment - 28 years old - 28 years old - 28 years old -
    28 years old ....

Landrover equipment is expensive if bought from a L/rover agent - other options exist that are much cheaper.

back to original thread

I think 4WD's of any variety will cost you more than an average car & your fooling yourself if you think they'll be cheaper or even on par with what are essentially much smaller vehicles with engines made to travel rather than pull.

They are heavier, they have more rubber in contact with the road & their engines drive 3 times the gear weight as most cars. As buffalo said the car is built to take you offroad - long slow accelerations will give you vastly better fuel economies .

chris

Big_Kev

RAFLMAO, Its good to see you Landrover guys can retain your sense of humor in the face of adversity.
    Kev

Barrymundi

Work Car:
    Ford F150 Custom 351 Fuel Injection 5 Speed Manual with Air
    Custom Cab for 6 men, Thinks she is a 92 Model- Good vehicle
    Dual Tanks
    100k/ phr 30litres per 100k -that is the very best ever
    120k/ phr 40litres per 100k - worst is 50l per 100 under extreme conditions
    Towing makes no difference, it is an aerodynamic brick,

Al

Al.
    Take the hand brake off!!!!!!!! geez a sherman tank only uses that much!!!!!
    Have u got lead boots????

Kev I have never met a Landrover driver who has not had a sense of humour. I suppose it's obvious why they have.

Al if it makes you feel any better, you are driving a light truck, that's what I tell myself anyway.

800 + kms out of a full 80 litre tank city driving, highway driving closer to 1000kms that equals pretty damn good in my opinion And its a TDI LANDROVER and its never missed a beat
    Cheers
    Mick

CHRIS_aka_GWH

I guess laughing all the way to the bank & having a sense of humour could be confused, eh Mick?