Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Whos got what

Re: Whos got what

cloud9

are they any GOOD ????
    "whats the time"

Jamie,

I seriously hope it's not a petrol. My brother has a brand newie as well courtesy of work. OH MY GOD - fuel consumption is horrendous.

Looks good though.

Brett

Big_Kev

Sweeeet lookin ride Jamie.
    I love the colour, I have a dunnydore the same colour and it is easy to keep cleanish and doesn't show the scratches and dents up to much.
    If it is the V6 I bet it will hammer.
    Cheers Kev. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Snappa, dont know how good as yet. but reported to be biggest in the class, only done 100km's so far. it feels very tight, not like the last 1 i bought, 2001 was very nippy and had trouble with wheel spin all the time.
    this 1 feels heavy, abit dowie, but quiet and comfy much bigger in side.
    the sound system is great. mobile phones frig fart around with the central locking ( stop it working properly, found that out today 1st hand ) read it in the hand book tonight .
    brett, fuel? don't know yet but last 1 got 350km's to 50 liters towing everyday.
    but old 1 was 3.2L V6 this 1 is 3.5L V6
    you would exspect it to use slitely more but the Hilux's are very thirsty, reportedly they use more than a landcruzer, and thats from someone who has 1 of each.
    kev, didnt you see the big kev impersonation i posted im excited,( wife would let me sleep in it last night ) so didn't sleep too good. LOL.
    hope it as good as the last rodeo i just parted with!

Cheers Cloud 9
    then it realy gets ughly

noluck

One more Jeep cherokee sport classic 1995 4.0l black.. 8)

1988 60 series cruiser
    Make something Idiot proof and they make better Idiots

Traded it last week on this 80 series
    Make something Idiot proof and they make better Idiots

2001 Land Rover Discovery Series II.

TD5 Auto with Self Levelling Suspension.

~150 litre LRA Fuel Tank.

Plenty of dealer extras.

Cibié Apollo Turini Driving Lights (One Spread, One Spot)

Plus all of the standard recovery gear, Brano Hand Winch, Tree Protectors, Snatch Strap, Shovel, Chains, Drag Chain etc. etc.

I've previously had, long term (250,000km for each), a V6 Prado and a Pajero, as well as driven plenty of Cruisers and Patrols.

I DO prefer my Discovery!

[smiley=2thumbsup.gif] [smiley=2thumbsup.gif] [smiley=2thumbsup.gif] [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]
    Rev!

http://www.geocities.com/heartland/bluffs/3583/catgifs/anicat21.gif

"Go n-ithe an cat thu is go n-ithe an diabhal an cat"

Big_Kev

Any pics Rev..

just an update from my earlier post of My NEW Rodeo.
    The jury is still out on this one the first few drives have me thinking i bought a bag of sh&t gutless but quiet.
    anyway have a list for the guys to address on the first service.
    push button 4x4 is tempermental.
    hand brake won't hold on my driveway, in ether dirrection.
    car has trouble getting to 100kmh.
    brakes need 2 feet applied to stop in a hurry. think back brakes need adjusting that would also fix the hand brake problem.
    the performance that you expect from 3.5L v6 should be better than what i have at the moment.
    the last v6 was a rocket ship straight from the dealership gate. i had trouble with wheel spin ( hard to stop)
    this 1 would have trouble with the skin on a custard.
    admittedly it is getting better with thew more k's that im doing but if the performance is limited by the computer to stop incorrect run in problems couldn't they ( the dealers tell you that the car has a self preservation mode in built with the computer rather than the buyer like me thinking that they have bought a dud?? ) fuel is getting better though, trip to noosa today sore 300k's for half a tank on the return trip.
    thats better than the old rodeo by about 50klm, but there is a differance in the amout of fuel in the tank. half tank in the old ute was 32.5L and this 1 is 37.5L so it about the same dollars.
    it seems to drive a bit better after each cool down.ie , over night.
    still generaly happy with it but there's a question mark still hovering close by on the dud thing!

will keep you's posted on the progress.

Cheers the whinging Cloud 9
    then it realy gets ughly

Only from Day one, Kev.

July 2001!

First new car I've ever bought, but I've had a few new 4WD's courtesy of previous employ.
    Rev!

http://www.geocities.com/heartland/bluffs/3583/catgifs/anicat21.gif

"Go n-ithe an cat thu is go n-ithe an diabhal an cat"

CLOUD9 A EXPENSIVE EXERISE
    "whats the time"

Big_Kev

Rev that is a Disco any landy man would be proud of.
    Cloud I think it will improve when it runs in but the hand brake and brakes sound scary.

well haven't got long before first service now.
    did fuel econ check 7.3 km's to the litre so far thats compearable to the 3.2L in 2001 rodeo, so im happy on that front.

spoke to mate last nite and friend of friend bought 1 a while back ( this year )
    and he actualy rang the dealer and requested a refund and his old car back.
    he is happy with the car now but its the inital couple of days that should be like
    O what a feeling .
    get everything off to a bad start because the dealers cant or wont tell the buyers more about the run in period.
    like ive said in preveous post / gressel! #im thinking it miter have somethingto do with where these cars are made as to the way they perform out of the box so to speek.
    last car was made in spain there fuel is poor standard compered to ours so , my thiory is the the fuel injection has to be tweeked up a bit to get the required KW output for the specs.
    and the curant car #came from Taiwan where the fuel is better than ours !( octane wise)
    this is just a theory because everyone ive since spoken to about these cars say the same thing , and that is that they are a totaly different cars after the first service.
    so im guessing they re adjust the injection for our fuel?
    it ok to say its just new car tightness but haveing compeared 2 similar V6's shorly they cant be so defferent when there the same engine ?
    with reguards to the injection thing the first rodeo was toned down after first service .( it had less power ) like it had had the edge taken off it.
    i mean from new i would get wheel spin from rolling start when i floored it and that was both back wheels. after service no more wheel spin .
    OK i mite be petrol head but its good to feel the power when u up it a bit.
    just as a mater of interest is there any machanics following these posts care to put their to bobs whurth in as im realy searching for answers and the dealers tell u sweet fu## all. # # #
    just on a defferent topic .. dino tuneing... can they adjust the injection and timing on these new electronical controled vehicals without fisical modifications being made???

Cheers Confused Cloud 9
    then it realy gets ughly

Big_Kev

Jamie I think that if you get it to the first service and tell the service advisor about all the issues he will be able to take care of it from there.
    Like you are not happy with the performance.
    Not happy with the brakes etc etc.
    In the eyes of the dealer if they do work to your car they want to be paid. And if it is going to be a warranty claim they have to wait until the customer has an issue with the performance. Pre delivery does not allow for this sort of work to be carried out,(even if they think it does need to be done) and a warranty tune up from the show room floor wouldn't go through the manufacturers paper trail so to speak.
    Sometimes manufacturers relise a problem and allow the dealers to carry out work in advance and the dealer gets paid a set fee to carry out such work. Other than that you will just have a whinge and ask for the old ute back. LOL.
    But these guys hear all the stories so see if you can think of a new one they haven't heard yet.
    Cheers Kev