Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: dangerous vehicles

Re: dangerous vehicles

Ronnie

First you have driven 4x4's for over forty years now you have a unblemished driving record of 35 years. Which is it? You use language and phrasing of a younger person yet you claim to be at least 57 years old( 40 years driving + 17 year age limit) How old are you? You quote a Democrates senator speech yet no one over the age of 25 and not still at a uni would bother with anything they had to say on any subject!!

Here's what i think Ronnie! You are a uptight young lady who is looking for a cause and in desperate need of a good time. Trolling the internet for an argument is not what most poeple do for fun !! Please seek help!!

Ian

Ps. Please respond to Owens post if it is not to difficult for you.
    Alcohol doesn't agree with me, but i sure do enjoy the argument!!!

A am certain my email addressed all issues, certainly if the cap fits wear it and move on.
    cheers

Interesting response Ronnie. I'm positive i'm right in my estimation of you now.

Ronnie,
    You claim to seek intelligent debate.
    I stand ready to offer it to you, yet you haven't even acknowledged my response to your original post.

Please provide the evidence to back up your statements as requested.
    If you can't, just say so.

cheers,
    Owen
    Cheers,
    Owen

The whole world's mad save thee & me (but I'm not too sure about thee)

Sorry Owen you have obviously convinced yourself but not me and whatever is thrown up at you as for stats you will clevely discount it. Surely if you are so called well read then you dont need me to point you in the right direction eg internet, newspapers, yes it all out there for the unbiased to read.
    Yes some police vehicles do have bull bars but not in surburban streets, they are what they are bull bars no place around our streets with children cyclists and pedestrians. Deaths have already occurred. Read newspapers
    Sure if these HCG vehicles are driven with within their boundaries they dont present a problem, it when they are in severe accident and leave the road result are usually catastrophic with mulitple roll overs. Then we have the idiots the modify their height and store cargo on roof racks adding to the problems. Cornering tests of most four wheel drives are available on the internet. Facinating to find out that most have exactly the identical or less wheelbase that the normal 6cy car
    Crash testing of four wheel drives is also documented.
    Blind spots are another problem eg height of bonnet, read newspapers. Hence the talk of banning them around schools. That will never happen, but deaths have occurred.
    Mental attitude of some drivers, well just do an appriasal of some of the responses over the last week and figure it out yourself.
    cheers ronnie

Quote Originally Posted by ronnie12
    Sure if these HCG vehicles are driven with within their boundaries they dont present a problem,
    cheers ronnie
    Nice quote Ronnie. It's the most sense you have made.

I think this pertains to every vehicle on the road. If driven within there boundarys they are fine. anyone driving any vehicle can cause death its not the car it's the driver!!!

Ian

Well done Ian...the point we've all been trying to get through and now from his own pen or keyboard or whatever...now these are your own words Ronnie...debate closed

Merry Christmas Ronnie!
    ><((((º>.¸.•'´¯)

Life is a mystery to be lived, not a problem to be solved, Gabriel Marcel

Ronnie,

I read your stuff from time to time and it makes me wonder if you don't have a small persons complex. I think your views are totally out of proportion with reality. Heavy trucks make up less than 5% of registered vehicles but are involved in almost 20% of accidents, seems to me heavy trucks not 4WDs should be your target. What about bikes? The list is endless, do you want to be a total fun policeman and ban everything people get a bit of fun out of?

Referring to 4WDs as "weapons of mass destruction" seems a little odd, you are pointing the finger at the emotional response of some members, go back and read some of your stuff Ronnie.

I have just updated my 4WD (go the cruisers) and it is a life style choice, why shouldn't I be allowed to enjoy the benefits of my 4x4?

It's the driver not the vehicle in the case of 4x4 accidents, would be a fair bet the same person would be just as deadly driving any type of vehicle.

cheers roz

BTW Ian, you can't be serious, it's possible but I doubt it. Keep that man bra on just incase. lol
    GO THE CRUISER UTES!

....OH WHAT A FEELING!

Ronnie,
    I have not "cleverly discounted" anything.
    You have made claims not me. A reasonable person bases their beliefs on factual evidence.
    You have provided none.
    As the person making these claims the onus lays with you to provide evidence to support them.
    You have failed to do so and your advice to me to "read the papers" leads me to believe you have no intention of providing unbiased factual evidence to support your claims.
    Since you have no intention of having a debate on the matter, but rather wish to keep peddling your self serving beliefs I have no other option but to dismiss you as unworthy of any further discussion on the matter.

cheers,
    Owen
    Cheers,
    Owen

The whole world's mad save thee & me (but I'm not too sure about thee)

The saying "Guns Don't Kill People.... I Kill People!" pops into my head when reading this thread....

4WD's don't kill people... Bad drivers kill people!

Dan
    this thread was quietly making its way down the list into oblivion did we really have to bring it back to Moronnies attention

Ian

Of course!

It's like kicking people when they're down!!! LOL

yes finding time, another prime example of what I am talking about, the perfect example of the intellegence behind the nut of the wheel. Sure, as already pointed out, I have been blunt and to the point, but sorry I have no time, respect or patience for idiots.
    Merry Christmas
    Ronnie

Told you Dan

Ian

Ps the fool still hasn't come up with a response to Owen

Wow, words from the poor disadvantaged idiot. The tradegy is that this type of character will be let loose with his so called modified vehicle over Christmas, god help us. It gives new evidence to the every alarming mental attitude of some drivers.
    Cheers ronnie