Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 4 x 4 tour this Saturday

4 x 4 tour this Saturday

A few of us are going to do an offroad trip this Saturday. #Nothing serious and we probably won't even get into 4WD, but will travel over dirt roads.

The details are as follows:-

It's called the Border Ranges Tour.

Start at Beaudesert and finish at Natural Bridge ( arch ) south of Nerang. #This part of the journey #takes us #through rain forests and great opportunities for sight seeing, bush walks, waterfalls and nature lovin !!! . #Finishing at the waterhole that is very popular. #About 78k's is unsealed road. #I would suggest the trip will take a few hours.

We'll meet at MacDonalds Family Restuarant, 114 - 116 Brisbane Rd, Beaudesert at 9 #- 9.30am, Saturday 30th December. #UHF channel 21 is good. #Bring a picnic lunch, drinks etc. #This is a family day out.

There is a $7.00 fee payable by honesty box over the border for access to the states forests and having the correct change will be handy.

other handy items will be :-

Binoculars
    UBD........refidex
    UHF......radio
    Dirty Weekends ( book by Brad McCarthy )
    lunch and drinks
    camera
    bush walking shoes
    water bottle

my mobile number # ....... #0419 020 697

cheers #Phill
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Re: 4 x 4 tour this Saturday

I'll reply but you already knew I was coming. Look forward to seeing you again Phill. Were you bringing the digital camcorder again? I think you need more practise with that thing.

Poodroo

He who aims at nothing is sure to hit it.

If I said I had my own snatch strap Phil, will you let another Pajero into the convoy? Only mine is a real one

Looks like it's a go for wife +2 scream meters.

Scalem

Border Ranges is on my list of things to do so, guys Im a possible depending what happens with clients tomorrow, if all goes well im free, if not im out until Sunday. Ill let you know friday night if im in.

cheers
    Mike
    Tangles KFC

love to join you all,,,,but work every saturday makes it hard,,unless i've got notice to organise an rdo,,

next time,,,,,,,,,,,,have fun

choppa
    can it get any better??????????????,,,,,,,,,,,,,,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgG_TxEPaQE

Sounds like a go day out, count me and the family in.

Dont think we will need a snatch strap by the sounds of it, I know I definately wont as I drive a Nissan (can feel that comment coming back to bite me on the ass)

Dont think the UHF will be in the car by Saturday with tomorrow being Friday, but will see what I can do, sounds as though it would be good to have it in there.

Anyway look forward to meeting all attending, see ya's on Saturday.

Cheers

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by thedeckie
    Sounds like a go day out, count me and the family in.

Dont think we will need a snatch strap by the sounds of it, I know I definately wont as I drive a Nissan (can feel that comment coming back to bite me on the ass)

Dont think the UHF will be in the car by Saturday with tomorrow being Friday, but will see what I can do, sounds as though it would be good to have it in there.

Anyway look forward to meeting all attending, see ya's on Saturday.

Cheers

Paul

Will be good to have you along Paul. A cheap and viable option for UHF radios is the inexpensive handhelds which you can find almost everywhere like Tandy's or Dicksmiths and even The Warehouse. I bought the ones I have from The Warehouse a while ago as a special deal. Got two for $49 and they have a 3 klm range on them. They work a treat. I would let you use one but Scalem has first dibs on it. Lol

Regards,

Poodroo

Thanks for the offer Poodroo, I actually have one that I have taken out of my old car,I've just got to fit it to the STX.

Problem I have is I want to have a good think about where its going to go,dont want to rush into it, I can probably get a loan of one of those hand helds,may upgade to a smaller one yet,see what happens,may even get some thoughts off you guys on the weekend.

Anyway,better go and have another beer and think about where that UHF is going to go.

Cheers

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by thedeckie
    Famous last words... I have proof thanks to Phill that Nissans can and will get bogged.

Poodroo

Poodroo,
    Probably more of a case of operator error than the vehicle!!!

Cheers

Paul

I have another confirmed starter for the tour. Non-Ausfisher driving a Tribute.

Operator Hey !!!!!!

I think I may just have to get lost in the forest and have you follow me. I know some ' interesting ' tracks that a New Nissan will love

cu all for breakie at the Golden Arches.

Phill

You blokes need a Toyo along for recovery purposes for the Nissans and Pajeros
    regards

Foolish_Chicken

One of these days, (soon I hope), I'd like to join in. Unfortunately I'm busy this saturday.
    Maybe next time.

Have fun,

Wags

Yes Brian, we are always keen to see a Toy-Motor on these trips, especially an[s] Antique[/s]........I mean older model. We are starting out down your way anyway.

cheers Phill

Damn.... Wish I could have come too. Unfortunatly I am working night shift this weekend to keep all the NYE rebel rousers in check.

Will be keen to hear back on how the STX went. I am driving a 05 STR at the moment.

Have a great day and watch out for the speed camera van on the M1 (hint, hint)